The Aussie Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: that is the Best. Scene. Ever. In anything. It is just so hysterical. My old video of that episode barely even plays, I've watched it so ridiculously much.

"Fawlty, what about the duck?" "Duck's off!"

I'm going to have to put it on soon

Varitek said:
tourist why do you have a lunch break at 7pm?
It's always a lunch break when you're not clocked on. It's stupid to call it a dinner break. I work from 3-10.

the tourist said:

It's always a lunch break when you're not clocked on. It's stupid to call it a dinner break. I work from 3-10.

Wow, those are sucky hours.

Varitek said:
those are amazing hours. you don't have to wake up in the morning! or you do if you have class...

Well, starting at 3pm is good, but I'd hate to finish at 10pm.

Now, midday to 7pm would be pretty rockin' if you asked me.

And are you posting in your sleep or something? :wink:

I've seen one episode of Fawlty Towers. Something with a health inspector. It was funny. John Cleese cracks me up.

phillyfan26 said:
I've seen one episode of Fawlty Towers. Something with a health inspector. It was funny. John Cleese cracks me up.

That would be the episode Basil The Rat. Absolute classic.

It is imperative that you see Communication Problems, Gourmet Night, and The Germans though. Especially The Germans, which is widely regarded as the ultimate Fawlty classic. Cleese outdoes himself there. His Nazi march is unbelievably funny too, reminiscent of the Ministry of Silly Walks.

Ian, how about India, 1/18 after just two overs! Can't say the loss of Uthappa will hurt them much either. He hasn't really performed much lately anyway. Now with Tendulkar and Gambhir out there ... well, if they can stay in, this is going to be done in about 10 overs.

Axver said:
Ian, how about India, 1/18 after just two overs! Can't say the loss of Uthappa will hurt them much either. He hasn't really performed much lately anyway. Now with Tendulkar and Gambhir out there ... well, if they can stay in, this is going to be done in about 10 overs.

I had a quick look, i think it's pretty well determined from here.

If they start to collapse significantly, alert me. Otherwise i'll just keep watching Fawlty Towers, because you never know when Henry Kissenger might drop by, do you?

coolian2 said:

I had a quick look, i think it's pretty well determined from here.

If they start to collapse significantly, alert me. Otherwise i'll just keep watching Fawlty Towers, because you never know when Henry Kissenger might drop by, do you?

:lol: Yeah, Fawlty's probably more worth your time. I hope that India do collapse, because if India wins, they qualify for the remaining spot in the final and Friday's Australia vs Sri Lanka game will be a dead rubber.

Also, from Wikipedia's page on Basil Fawlty, this has to be one of the best descriptions of a character ever: "Basil is a snobbish, miserly, xenophobic and sexually repressed paranoiac misanthrope who is desperate to belong to a higher social class."

Alright folks, I'm out, I need to do some baking before the milk I've bought expires. I'll drop in when I can.

cap042.jpg

cap044.jpg

coolian2 said:

QUOTED FOR AWESOMENESS.

I'd also quote my muffins for awesomeness if I could. Very chocolatey chocolate muffins are currently baking in the oven. :drool:

Varitek said:
those are amazing hours. you don't have to wake up in the morning! or you do if you have class...
And I have class. But not til 10. Which means staying up til 2 on interference sucks.

Axver said:

Well, starting at 3pm is good, but I'd hate to finish at 10pm.

Now, midday to 7pm would be pretty rockin' if you asked me.

And are you posting in your sleep or something? :wink:

When I work on weekends (every other week), I work midday--from 11-7.

the tourist said:

And I have class. But not til 10. Which means staying up til 2 on interference sucks.

Or you could just get used to sleep deprivation. :wink:

No, I don't think I could stand that myself.

Axver said:

Or you could just get used to sleep deprivation. :wink:

No, I don't think I could stand that myself.
Lately I'm like Varitek, only not as bad. I've been getting 5-6 hours a night.

the tourist said:

Lately I'm like Varitek, only not as bad. I've been getting 5-6 hours a night.

Ah, a nice long sleep in Varitekland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom