The Aussie Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I'm a demanding person. Get to it. And while you're at it, can you grab my lunch for me? I'm getting hungry.

I just ate my dinner. Hot turkey sandwich. On come the biscuits. And by biscuits, I mean cookies. And by cookies I mean love.

coolian2 said:

I wouldn't be certain

Stupidity knows no bounds

You don't think a subject of "U2 live in Andorra la Vella is a BIG FUCKING HOAX" would be enough?

Or we could work together on this thread and just devise our collective best set.

Mmm, setlists. :drool:

coolian2 said:

If i ever create i drink i'm going to call it bug pinus.

Only people here would get the joke.

The hard part would be a bug or pinus flavoured drink.

Lemon or butterscotch.

the tourist said:
On come the biscuits.

Andrew for the win!

Just for that, I promise to never call you Joey again. Though I reserve the right to reference it for humorous effect, should the situation arise. :wink:

You do need a nickname though. Varitek even moreso. I mean, we've got Vazza, but she doesn't like that it seems.

I like the idea of making up setlists. But Axver would go wild on all of us and post like 14 for every one by anyone else!

Basil: "Ah, this is the view as far as I can remember, madam… yes, yes, this is it."
Mrs Richards: "When I pay for a view, I expect something more interesting than that."
Basil: "That is Torquay, madam."
Mrs Richards: "Well, it's not good enough."
Basil: "Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically—"
Mrs Richards: Don't be silly! I expect to be able to see the sea."
Basil: "You can see the sea. It's over there between the land and the sky."
Mrs Richards: "I'd need a telescope to see that."
Basil: "Well, may I suggest that you consider moving to a hotel closer to the sea?! [muttering to himself] Or preferably in it."
Mrs. Richards: "Now listen to me. I'm not satisfied, but I've decided to stay here. However, I shall expect a reduction."
Basil: "Why? Because Krakatoa isn't erupting at the moment?"

Axver said:

Andrew for the win!

Just for that, I promise to never call you Joey again. Though I reserve the right to reference it for humorous effect, should the situation arise. :wink:

You do need a nickname though. Varitek even moreso. I mean, we've got Vazza, but she doesn't like that it seems.

I'm sure we can think of something agreeable for each of us--just let us have a hand in it and veto powers.

coolian2 said:

If i ever create i drink i'm going to call it bug pinus.

Only people here would get the joke.

The hard part would be a bug or pinus flavoured drink.

This is not going to sell very well.

Well I will do my best on ES but I can't stand to hear that 7 second loop again for several days :runs to listen to Boy:

coolian2 said:
Basil: "Ah, this is the view as far as I can remember, madam… yes, yes, this is it."
Mrs Richards: "When I pay for a view, I expect something more interesting than that."
Basil: "That is Torquay, madam."
Mrs Richards: "Well, it's not good enough."
Basil: "Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically—"
Mrs Richards: Don't be silly! I expect to be able to see the sea."
Basil: "You can see the sea. It's over there between the land and the sky."
Mrs Richards: "I'd need a telescope to see that."
Basil: "Well, may I suggest that you consider moving to a hotel closer to the sea?! [muttering to himself] Or preferably in it."
Mrs. Richards: "Now listen to me. I'm not satisfied, but I've decided to stay here. However, I shall expect a reduction."
Basil: "Why? Because Krakatoa isn't erupting at the moment?"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh God. I still cry with laughter every time I watch that scene. It's just gold.

BRITISH HUMOUR FOR THE WIN.

I wanna make a drink called the abracadabramothersucker. It will have 4th of July sparklers in it, and will play 4th of July in your head as you drink it. It will also have 6 shots of chambord, pineapple-orange juice, and limeade.

Terry: "Now...how's the cat?"
Basil: "How's the cat? We're about to take the life of a public health inspector and you want to know how's the cat? It's gone to London to see the Queen!"
Polly: "He's all right!"
Terry: "Great!"
Basil: "Hooray! Hooray! The cat lives! The cat lives! Long live the cat!"

Wikiquote ftw

Alisaura and Jen haven't found us yet, have they? Or COBL_04 (I forget his real name).

coolian2 said:
Terry: "Now...how's the cat?"
Basil: "How's the cat? We're about to take the life of a public health inspector and you want to know how's the cat? It's gone to London to see the Queen!"
Polly: "He's all right!"
Terry: "Great!"
Basil: "Hooray! Hooray! The cat lives! The cat lives! Long live the cat!"

Wikiquote ftw

:lmao:

"Is this a piece of your brain?"

the tourist said:
Alisaura and Jen haven't found us yet, have they? Or COBL_04 (I forget his real name).

Ali and Jen would both be at work right now, and Danny (COBL_04) at school.

OMG GUYS! I finally got around to reading the NY times front section and there is an editorial called

Liechtenstein's Friendly Bankers

History records that the Liechtenstein family began purchasing the lands that now make up the tiny European principality in 1699 to secure a seat on the council of the Holy Roman Empire. it was sefveral decades before any prince of LIechtenstein actually set foot in his fiefdom. That was the frst use of the Alpine hideaway as an address of convenience for powerful Europeans.

(It sure was an address of convenience for us!)

Today's ruler is Crown Prince Alois von und zu Liechtenstein (that is Alois from and to Liechtenstein so far as I can figure).

Their banks sell data to German intelligence agents...busted.

It is an uncooperative tax haven acording to the OECD. There are 35,000 residents, 3000 of whom were at the concert last night. They basically enjoy Europes highest standard of living. They enable fraud, money laundering, and tax evasion.

Axver said:

"Is this a piece of your brain?"

I'm nearly up to that scene

Basil: [yelling at his car] "Start! Start, you vicious bastard! Oh my god! I'm warning you! If you don't start, I'll count to three. 1, 2, 3. Right! That's it, you disgrace to the roads! I've laid it on the line to you time and time again! I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!" [Leaves for a few seconds to return with a rather pathetic branch and proceeds to repeatedly hit the the car]

I'm not even watching that episode and i'm laughing madly

Varitek said:
Today's ruler is Crown Prince Alois von und zu Liechtenstein (that is Alois from and to Liechtenstein so far as I can figure).

It is an uncooperative tax haven acording to the OECD. There are 35,000 residents, 3000 of whom were at the concert last night. They basically enjoy Europes highest standard of living. They enable fraud, money laundering, and tax evasion.

My favourite country.

coolian2 said:
Basil: [yelling at his car] "Start! Start, you vicious bastard! Oh my god! I'm warning you! If you don't start, I'll count to three. 1, 2, 3. Right! That's it, you disgrace to the roads! I've laid it on the line to you time and time again! I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!" [Leaves for a few seconds to return with a rather pathetic branch and proceeds to repeatedly hit the the car]

I'm not even watching that episode and i'm laughing madly

I've said it before and I'll say it again: that is the Best. Scene. Ever. In anything. It is just so hysterical. My old video of that episode barely even plays, I've watched it so ridiculously much.

"Fawlty, what about the duck?" "Duck's off!"

coolian2 said:

People here don't work. We siphon the money out of all the rich bastards bank accounts and pretend to work when they're here.
Like in Office Space and/or Superman 3!

Varitek said:
OMG GUYS! I finally got around to reading the NY times front section and there is an editorial called

(It sure was an address of convenience for us!)

Liechtenstein for the motherfucking WIN.

I hope Crown Prince Alois Comingandgoing enjoyed the gig and that the whalers are making progress. Must be hard being double-landlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom