The Atlanta Braves Clinched Their 12th Straight Div Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fuck the braves

i just hate them. i hate bobby cox. when the cards swept them in 2000 it was glorious.

now the cards are in 3rd. :mad:

oh well, lets go red sox :wink:

it will be the 11th time in 12 years that the braves disappoint

fiscally, yes.

As for on the field, yes...winning does. Again...Braves = 1 world series title in 12 years of playoff appearances. :shrug:

:kiss:

Unlike some other anti-posters in this thread, I actually like the Braves! :reject:

of course fiscally it matters, but when you are talking about a team that is doing very well despite having sold out every single game, it does not matter. but then again you can say the yankees have bought their way to the top. just like the marlins bought their way to a world series in what 1997? :tsk:

Attendance means ALOT. It says something about the fans. When they don't sell out playoff games it reflects quite poorly on the fans, a lack of heart. I hate the FING Yankees, but they'll sell out every playoff game at home, their fans have a passion.

my braves may have not sold out every game but they have made it to the playoffs quite a bit. the early 90's were amazing and a ton of fun. people here have become used to them that the thrill is gone. too much of a good thing, i suppose.

hey i will not say that atlanta is not filled with its share of bandwagon fans. it has been a problem and an annoyance for those who are dedicated fans. i have been one since i was a kid and was supporting their terrible record throughout the whole 80's. trust me my city is well aware of it. i suppose it has to do with a lot of people not really being natives to atlanta anymore and it is such a transent city. :shrug: but fuck if i really know, all i know is that i am not one to just jump on a bandwagon, but i can see why people hate the braves. even the sportscaster from FoxSports and NBC hate us. :down:

:hug: turner and TBS :hug:

i remember when i went to a playoff game at turner field between the braves and cards. there were about 10,000 empty seats and seriously just as many cardinals fans as braves fans. at a road game, a road playoff game. braves fans dont deserve the success their team provides.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Now where are your Boys of Summer?

:wave: *CHOP CHOP CHOP*

Oh no...not that tomahawk chant...please....that thing gives me nightmares...

Im a diehard Mets fan *sigh* The only post season action we're seein this October is Bruce at Shea...

MrBrau1 said:
I hate the FING Yankees, but they'll sell out every playoff game at home, their fans have a passion.

Passion? I call it obnoxious :)

I'm married to one....during the Subway Series we were dividing up the assets...

ahhh bonobabe... no one quite understands hatred of yankee fans quite like we met fans. red sox fans just don't get it... try seeing these Fu*kers every day, then come and talk to me.

ahhh the braves. the buffalo bills of major league baseball. how many times do they have to lose in the post season until the braves' absente management does something about bobby cox? say what you will about the yankees and george steinbrenner... if they don't iwn the series this year, joe torre's job will be in jeopardy. bobby cox fails in the post season 10-11 times, and his job security has never been questioned. thus the real difference between the yankees and everyone else. don't get me wrong... i hate the yankees. but those who say they buy their championships just don't know what they're talking about. jeter, soriano, pettite, rivera, williams, posada... all home grown yankees. what the yankees do do is spend the money they have better than anyone else. the mets, rangers, red sox, dodgers... they all spend lots of money too. but they spend it stupidly. the yankees go out and spend their money on jason giambi, a 2 time MVP. the mets go and spend their money on mo vaughn, comming off arm surgery that caused him to miss an entire season. the rangers out bid their closest rival by 115 million dollars for one player. manny ramirez, pedro martinez, johnny "unfrozen caveman lawyer" damon... all started their careers elsewhere. the yankees are the success they are today because they built up a great farm system, built a core lineup of homegrown players, and then filled in the holes, not just with superstar players, but with players who were known to be head strong guys who can handle pressure, the key to being able to play in new york. so yes... the yankees spend alot of money. but htey don't win because they spend alot of money, they win because they spend their money wisely.

that being said... i hate the fuckers.

well... we may not have baseball to go to at shea this october... but you can be damn sure i'll be there for bruuuuuuuce!

can't say i'm an anything fan, haven't followed baseball since i was 11. i was a mets fan at the time. i'm supposed to be a red sox fan now.

so either way, i hate the yankees. how's that, headache?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
ahhh bonobabe... no one quite understands hatred of yankee fans quite like we met fans. red sox fans just don't get it... try seeing these Fu*kers every day, then come and talk to me.

well... we may not have baseball to go to at shea this october... but you can be damn sure i'll be there for bruuuuuuuce!

SO true...ya know what it's like having people come up to me and say *Whats METS stand for? My-Entire-Team-Sucks...day after day...

Bruce:) Still have the feelers out for tickets...coulda gotten upper level for Oct 1....holding out for better....

Back
Top Bottom