The Atlanta Braves Clinched Their 12th Straight Div Title - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2003, 03:46 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:32 AM
Too Much of a good thing?-How come every NY Yanks playoffs game sell out? They've had alot of a good thing. Passion.

Old 09-19-2003, 03:58 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Braves fans

Outside of the one dedicated fan I know, of course.

Old 09-19-2003, 04:01 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

I'll never forget seeing Yankee fans doing the Chop thing in NY during the WS a few years back. Genius!

Go Sawks!
Old 09-19-2003, 04:06 PM   #19
The Fly

hey i will not say that atlanta is not filled with its share of bandwagon fans. it has been a problem and an annoyance for those who are dedicated fans. i have been one since i was a kid and was supporting their terrible record throughout the whole 80's. trust me my city is well aware of it. i suppose it has to do with a lot of people not really being natives to atlanta anymore and it is such a transent city. but fuck if i really know, all i know is that i am not one to just jump on a bandwagon, but i can see why people hate the braves. even the sportscaster from FoxSports and NBC hate us.

turner and TBS
Old 09-19-2003, 04:18 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

i remember when i went to a playoff game at turner field between the braves and cards. there were about 10,000 empty seats and seriously just as many cardinals fans as braves fans. at a road game, a road playoff game. braves fans dont deserve the success their team provides.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:30 PM   #21
The Fly

oh well.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:07 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
*bumped to be an ass*
Old 09-21-2003, 12:42 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: The Atlanta Braves Clinched Their 12th Straight Div Title

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
Now where are your Boys of Summer?

*CHOP CHOP CHOP*
I decided to re-read this thread!

Braves are true to the fact that the are the boys of summer...because once fall comes around...they fall apart.

Old 09-21-2003, 12:53 PM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 07:32 AM
Re: The Atlanta Braves Clinched Their 12th Straight Div Title

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
Now where are your Boys of Summer?

*CHOP CHOP CHOP*
Oh no...not that tomahawk chant...please....that thing gives me nightmares...

Im a diehard Mets fan *sigh* The only post season action we're seein this October is Bruce at Shea...
Old 09-21-2003, 12:56 PM   #25
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
I hate the FING Yankees, but they'll sell out every playoff game at home, their fans have a passion.
Passion? I call it obnoxious

I'm married to one....during the Subway Series we were dividing up the assets...
Old 09-21-2003, 01:43 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
but see you have our dear Glavine now.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:59 PM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

ahhh bonobabe... no one quite understands hatred of yankee fans quite like we met fans. red sox fans just don't get it... try seeing these Fu*kers every day, then come and talk to me.

ahhh the braves. the buffalo bills of major league baseball. how many times do they have to lose in the post season until the braves' absente management does something about bobby cox? say what you will about the yankees and george steinbrenner... if they don't iwn the series this year, joe torre's job will be in jeopardy. bobby cox fails in the post season 10-11 times, and his job security has never been questioned. thus the real difference between the yankees and everyone else. don't get me wrong... i hate the yankees. but those who say they buy their championships just don't know what they're talking about. jeter, soriano, pettite, rivera, williams, posada... all home grown yankees. what the yankees do do is spend the money they have better than anyone else. the mets, rangers, red sox, dodgers... they all spend lots of money too. but they spend it stupidly. the yankees go out and spend their money on jason giambi, a 2 time MVP. the mets go and spend their money on mo vaughn, comming off arm surgery that caused him to miss an entire season. the rangers out bid their closest rival by 115 million dollars for one player. manny ramirez, pedro martinez, johnny "unfrozen caveman lawyer" damon... all started their careers elsewhere. the yankees are the success they are today because they built up a great farm system, built a core lineup of homegrown players, and then filled in the holes, not just with superstar players, but with players who were known to be head strong guys who can handle pressure, the key to being able to play in new york. so yes... the yankees spend alot of money. but htey don't win because they spend alot of money, they win because they spend their money wisely.

that being said... i hate the fuckers.

well... we may not have baseball to go to at shea this october... but you can be damn sure i'll be there for bruuuuuuuce!
Old 09-21-2003, 02:11 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:32 AM
can't say i'm an anything fan, haven't followed baseball since i was 11. i was a mets fan at the time. i'm supposed to be a red sox fan now.

so either way, i hate the yankees. how's that, headache?
Old 09-21-2003, 02:59 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

at least we all agree that we are anti-yankees.
Old 09-21-2003, 03:23 PM   #30
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
ahhh bonobabe... no one quite understands hatred of yankee fans quite like we met fans. red sox fans just don't get it... try seeing these Fu*kers every day, then come and talk to me.

well... we may not have baseball to go to at shea this october... but you can be damn sure i'll be there for bruuuuuuuce!

SO true...ya know what it's like having people come up to me and say *Whats METS stand for? My-Entire-Team-Sucks...day after day...

Bruce Still have the feelers out for tickets...coulda gotten upper level for Oct 1....holding out for better....