The Ashes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm not a big cricket fan, but this ashes series has caught my imagination, now that England finally have a team who can compete with the Aussie's. Regardless of who wins overall, in my opinion the Australian cricket team of the last 15-20 years must be regarded as one of the finest sports teams of all time.

This bout of losses has really fucked us up well. Cricket had become so painfully boring, we now have a competition back on our (collective) hands! We had become what the Windies were back in the 80s :drool: They were some class cricket days.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Strauss gets his century.

This is pretty interesting stuff, really.

I'm looking at the official scorecard and I can actually more or less understand most of it, apart from:

M R Vaughn c sub b B Lee

That means Vaughn has been bowled out by Lee, but what does the 'sub' refer to?

There was a substitute fieldsman, who took the catch, on the field at the time.

Angela Harlem said:
This bout of losses has really fucked us up well. Cricket had become so painfully boring, we now have a competition back on our (collective) hands! We had become what the Windies were back in the 80s :drool: They were some class cricket days.

The Windies :drool:

Yes, would have to agree, this Ashes is the best in a long while.

One of the advantages of living way out west, not quite as late but yeah it's going to be a great nights cricket :hyper:

What a game!

Ponting! :up: Good knock, great work. Just what the team needed.

How many sleeps 'til the next test? :hyper:

Tania said:

Actually, this current series is probably the most exciting in a long, long time. :up:

:yes: Wish it was like this more often......

Loadsa people seem to have become interested in cricket because of this year's Ashes. Hope the interest lasts and isn't just part of a 'fad' for this summer.

Well, England have come out firing! 101 runs for no loss thus far, Trescothick already on 51.

Bloody nice six a few balls ago, hit off Shane 'Mr Over-rated' Warne.

Spoke a little soon on the no loss count. Strauss is gone for 35. Or 36, I couldn't quite read the second number on the TV properly, but I think it was 35.

Australia's taking a hammering here. EIGHTEEN no balls in the morning session alone! What have they been doing in training?

:hyper: Don't wanna jinx it, but if Australia can pull this around it is going to have to be some very, very impressive cricket. Which is what we all want to see right? (The impressive cricket, not necessarily the Aussies' win)

timothius said:
Wow it's one of those mornings where I'd hate to wake up living in Australia.... oh wait. :(

I put on my Black Caps shirt to try to fool myself into thinking I'm in a Bulawayo stand jubilantly toasting Shane Bond's awesome powers.

Brett Lee's going nuts! Two GIGANTIC sixes out of the park! 9/217 right now.

Back
Top Bottom