The Ashes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back. My Dad says the match was so exciting but also that technically the last guy shouldn't have been out 'cos he didn't have both hands on the bat? Apparently the C4 commentator noticed it too but it was too late as the umpire had already given him out!

So well done England! (now don't screw it up! :wink: )

TheQuiet1 said:
Just got back. My Dad says the match was so exciting but also that technically the last guy shouldn't have been out 'cos he didn't have both hands on the bat? Apparently the C4 commentator noticed it too but it was too late as the umpire had already given him out!

Technically, Petersen wasn't out.

I think if the trade off for dubious decisions was Kasprowicz for Petersen... Australia got the better end of the deal.

England. :dance:

Angela Harlem said:

It's funny you know. On the frame by frame replays....It wasn't even out! Anyway yes, you won, but we didn't choke.

As I said earlier...

Petersen wasn't out either... so I think calling it even would be to England's disadvantage. :shrug:

I don't win. We all win. Cricket was the winner on the day. :yes:

Aussies lost to keep the tabloids intrested in the the Ashes.....
:wink:

2 Bloody runs....that leg bye that Warney was denied was a little costly (haha thats making excuses)

Well Done England, I always hope for a close tough series....and Hopefully its gonna continue.
Can't wait till thursday!

*rubs hands together*

Cricket for the next five days (hopefully)

Four days to recover and then

Rugby!!! :hyper:

In Perth :hyper:

Seems so weird to see a cricket ground absolutely full of spectators!

But I'm confused. England are currently 341 for 5. That's good right? That means England aren't yet losing horrifically? That means England are in with a good chance of actually winning the Ashes? But if THAT happens, who knows what'll happen next?! :uhoh:

:lmao: England winning the ashes :lmao:

Might be a good idea to get a bit further than day one...

Who won the first test?:wink:

the rockin edge said:

:lmao: understand??? most americans haven't got a clue what cricket even is :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I had a grand time showing five of them back in June. :lmao: :lmao:

Axver said:

I had a grand time showing five of them back in June. :lmao: :lmao:

I bet :lol: in my experience they pick up the bat and start swinging it around like a bloody baseball bat :tsk: like their trying to hurt someone.

and when it somes to bowling, good luck:wink:

I never really bowled much (or well) :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom