The Artist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
This thread is a place for artists to come and discuss their art. Feel free to talk about your successes, failures, problems or solutions. Show off your newest creations, or talk about your most recent supply finds...this is where us art geeks can yak.

I work in art glass...mostly stained glass, but I'm getting increasingly interested in fused glass also. I'll try to put a couple of shots of my work up soon. My dad taught me how to work with the stained glass and I've been teaching myself the fusing. I just bought a bunch of dichroic glass and have been having a blast!

I also absolutely adore shopping for art supplies of all kinds, even if I don't have a clue what to do with them. :huh: Well, it makes some of my other artist friends very happy anyway....

I do a little painting with acrylics. Not much though, and its been quite awhile since I pulled out a canvas. I have some hanging in my apartment and have given Caron a couple but I mostly keep it private.

i airbrush. i actually airbrushed each member of u2 in black and white and they turned quite well. i wish i could post them but i believe only premium members may do that. i have been airbrushing for about 5 years now and that is my job until i finish college, so few people get to have a job they enjoy

I keep sketchbooks mainly, but I do some acrylic and canvas work from time to time - I don't really have time these days, which is a shame. I work mainly with watercolours, and do alot of sketching/relief work too.
I spend way too much money on art supplies.... they're so costly, but I seem to spend a fortune every time I go to one, even if i'm just going for one tube of paint. It's one of my weaknesses :up:

My scanner is broken right now, but this is a watercolour I started of Macphisto a while back... it's the only thing I have saved on my harddrive:
macphisto.jpg

nice watercolour paint... actually, I used to hate watercolor, now I love it, but my favorites are Chartpak markers

I usually use mixed media, but on one of my more successful paintings (the one that's my avatar, incidentally) I only used acrylic. I spend way too much on supplies too but my supply store helps by giving you a $100 bonus everytime you've spent a total of $300 there. They know how to keep themselves in business........:wink:

Art Supply shops are my nightmare at the moment. New semester has just started and we have 8 subjects, 7 of which are pracs. Our materials list for each is loooong. I was kinda pleased that I only needed about half the stuff on them as I have hoarded materials for years. Others in my course aren't so lucky. One of my friends decided to bite the bullet and buy it all in one go. One of our 2 local art shops had a 30% off special for the 2 campuses in my area and she spent $900 getting all her gear :yikes: $600 after her discount, but still painfully expensive.

When i grow up (that would be in april... with my graduation :) ) I wanna be an graphic designer and an illustrator for children books :D

... i work with a lot of techniques... from pencil drawing to photography and i like to experiment with different textures and materials. I use acrilics, paper (for modeling), clay, fabric... whatever I can handle.

this is from my sketchbook...

mueca.jpg

and this is one of the characters i made for an animation project :)
princesa.jpg

I'm doing a course in Art and Design and I'm pretty creative I paint draw and write poetry, songs et al so I guess I'm an artist btw does anyone else find that art as a qualification is a bit of a contradiction due to the fact that art is about expressing yourself and it becomes too formulated thats my opinion of course but I'd like to hear views, even though I think like this I'm still trying my hardest to pass my course:wink:

^
OMFG thats cute, thats really good the little guys have alot of character in them:applaud: :applaud:

i studied animation at college so unless i can get the films up on or something i won't be able to post them but i did an acrylic on canvas a little while ago and had so much fun i've done a few more. do the odd pencil sketch every now and then too.
here are some pics, the photos aren't necessarliy the best qulaity on some of them though.

quadu2paint.jpg

all4.jpg

bmanredpaint.jpg

5bonds.jpg

edited: too big, i'll resize and post the others later

Last edited:
Muggsy said:
When i grow up (that would be in april... with my graduation :) ) I wanna be an graphic designer and an illustrator for children books :D

... i work with a lot of techniques... from pencil drawing to photography and i like to experiment with different textures and materials. I use acrilics, paper (for modeling), clay, fabric... whatever I can handle.

this is from my sketchbook...

mueca.jpg

and this is one of the characters i made for an animation project :)
princesa.jpg

you've got a great style muggsy
very talented!

is a photo, beause the format is huge, I used just 2 chartpak markers (both grey)

etherroom.jpg

Back
Top Bottom