The Anti Metrosexual Thread - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2005, 12:13 AM   #106
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:18 PM
well, i try.

Old 10-01-2005, 01:21 AM   #107
I serve MacPhisto

Ohhh, well, in light of some other conversation that has ensued... let me swing around from one side of things to another...

I dislike people being wasteful and vain, and Metrosexuality definitely falls into that category.

Something I dislike almost as much, if not more, is people using "terms of endearment" that aren't really terms of endearment, with people they've never met. Don't call me 'son', don't call me 'chief', don't call me 'cap', don't call me 'boss', don't call me 'dear', don't call me 'sweetie', etc, etc, etc. It isn't endearing, it's pretentious and condescending - and to that end, it's annoying. You aren't my buddy, calling me 'buddy' doesn't make me want to like you or trust you or agree with what you have to say.

So just don't.

*waits for the Paulie Shore 'okaaayyyyy buuuuuuu-uuuuddy'-s to start rolling on in*

Old 10-01-2005, 02:57 AM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Sugar, I think Se7en needs to share some of his "endowment" buddy with you - then you'll understand those terms of endearment.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:41 AM   #109
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli

If you don't know why women are fighting over your penis - come over here big boy.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #110
The Fly

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Ok, i agree abount pink shirts, however I do have a £30 hair cut, but come on lets face it, the U2 boys have stylists too.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:23 PM   #111
Refugee

"I tried running once... I kept spilling my drink." - David Lee Roth
Old 10-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:18 PM
Not everyone can pull off pink, guy or girl. But if you can, I say, go for it.

I don't really have a problem with metrosexuality. I'm in no position to judge someone on this. ( Today I actually considered buying that lipgloss that makes your lips bigger. I think I want it. )
Old 10-01-2005, 10:25 PM   #113
ONE
love, blood, life

haha this thread is great.

i think the most expensive and vain thing i do is buy women's seven jeans and citizens of humanity jeans because they fit me better. also, i hate baggy jeans. most of the guys i know buy and wear girl jeans as well.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:37 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:18 PM
citizens of humanity
Old 10-02-2005, 09:06 PM   #115
I serve MacPhisto

redundancy
Old 10-03-2005, 12:51 AM   #116
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by david
haha this thread is great.

i think the most expensive and vain thing i do is buy women's seven jeans and citizens of humanity jeans because they fit me better. also, i hate baggy jeans. most of the guys i know buy and wear girl jeans as well.
I want to know where you shop? I have never seen a man in the women's section looking like he wanted to do anything but run for the car. I do however have a pair of those soft loose boyfriend jeans for slouch days though I prefer my jeans fitted.

I just have one thing to say about 'metrosexual'. You don't have to spend a fortune to look like you do. I t doesn't matter what color a shirt is either..not as long as you like it and wear it. A 'color' doesn't make you feminine unless it is attached to a lacey silky pair of panties covering the appropriate gender equipment. People are generally attracted to others that take the time to dress and groom regularly and look like they have some form of self assurance and confidence. This doesn't have anything to do with how much you spend but how much you value yourself <inside> that makes it present on the outside. Self Esteem. I am totally guilty of going to a good salon for a hair style and I spend at least 20 on shampoo...but not only is it a BIG bottle... there is a reason for using it. The cheap stuff dries your hair out, strips the color off, and you end up going back to the salon more often to have it cut off and corrected. I get a good hair style and maintain it for a very long time.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:16 PM   #117
Refugee

I'm fine with guys trying to look their best HOWEVER.... tweezing eyebrows is a red flag for me
(unless you're correcting a really bad UNI-BROW)

TWO WORDS.... Richard Grieco
Old 10-05-2005, 04:59 PM   #118
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by therulz

I want to know where you shop? I have never seen a man in the women's section looking like he wanted to do anything but run for the car. I do however have a pair of those soft loose boyfriend jeans for slouch days though I prefer my jeans fitted.

I just have one thing to say about 'metrosexual'. You don't have to spend a fortune to look like you do. I t doesn't matter what color a shirt is either..not as long as you like it and wear it. A 'color' doesn't make you feminine unless it is attached to a lacey silky pair of panties covering the appropriate gender equipment. People are generally attracted to others that take the time to dress and groom regularly and look like they have some form of self assurance and confidence. This doesn't have anything to do with how much you spend but how much you value yourself <inside> that makes it present on the outside. Self Esteem. I am totally guilty of going to a good salon for a hair style and I spend at least 20 on shampoo...but not only is it a BIG bottle... there is a reason for using it. The cheap stuff dries your hair out, strips the color off, and you end up going back to the salon more often to have it cut off and corrected. I get a good hair style and maintain it for a very long time.
I shop for jeans at nordstroms, but expensive jeans aren't something i always buy you know. i wear jeans for a while before i feel like getting another pair. To me buying girl jeans isn't that big of a deal. I know a lot of guys that do. The girls working at nordstroms don't mind either, they're quite helpful. They laugh at me when I show dissapointment in not being able to use the women's changing rooms.

I don't fall into the metrosexual catagory. I mean I don't spend absorbent amounts of cash on products to make myself look better. I just use bar soap on my skin and body. I never use calogne. I have good skin because I take a shit load of vitamins. I don't go to salons to cut my hair, I actually cut my own hair. I shop at thrift stores and vintage clothing stores for other clothing items besides expensive jeans.