The Anti Metrosexual Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

It looks like most agree.

You don't have to have a PhD to sense fear.

No generalizations, just fact. If you have to talk about it, you are compensating for something. A great artist doesn't tell people how great they are, they let the art speak for itself.

Most agree? Was there a poll I was unaware of? Otherwise, just another sweeping generalization.

Oh so you must be part Lion. Since they can sense fear along with PhDs.

Fact huh? How well do you know me? Do you want to go out for a beer? Maybe then you'll be at least remotely qualified to pass judgment on me.

randhail said:

Maybe Meg Ryan knew this and had something going on with Iceman. The two colluded and had Goose killed, knowing how much it would effect Tom Cruise.

In the opening sequence of that movie the subtitles read "Somewhere in the Indian Ocean" and theyre flying over a red desert (which is more than likely Mexico or somesuch in the film ) but those planes used to practice over my house years ago. I can't recall how many times I saw the colour of their helmets as they were upside down over my house. :mad:

The real ones I mean, not the movie ones.

And the Carl Vincent practically lived in Freo in the 80's.

/rambling

Irvine511 said:

ooooooh ... the hot intrigue of a closeted homosexual love triangle. and some of it acted out in briefs!

i wouldn't put it past Iceman, after all, he's the "russian" of the group -- cold, calculated, doesn't make mistakes. seems to make sense that he'd be godless and amoral as well.

Top Gun is sooooooooooooooooo much fun to deconstruct.

It really would make sense. Especially since Tom Cruise's family name wasn't "the best" in the Navy. I'm guessing that Viper might have been involved too. It probably goes all the way to the top.

Iceman's own pride probably made him want to at least try to kill Goose without anyone being the wiser. He went about it the right way and is probably just waiting to strike again. Or maybe he already did, when Hollywood got shot down in the final dogfight scene.

you really ARE able to apply marxism to everything, aren't you?

:drool:

Ohhh, well, in light of some other conversation that has ensued... let me swing around from one side of things to another...

I dislike people being wasteful and vain, and Metrosexuality definitely falls into that category.

Something I dislike almost as much, if not more, is people using "terms of endearment" that aren't really terms of endearment, with people they've never met. Don't call me 'son', don't call me 'chief', don't call me 'cap', don't call me 'boss', don't call me 'dear', don't call me 'sweetie', etc, etc, etc. It isn't endearing, it's pretentious and condescending - and to that end, it's annoying. You aren't my buddy, calling me 'buddy' doesn't make me want to like you or trust you or agree with what you have to say.

So just don't.

*waits for the Paulie Shore 'okaaayyyyy buuuuuuu-uuuuddy'-s to start rolling on in*

Ok, i agree abount pink shirts, however I do have a £30 hair cut, but come on lets face it, the U2 boys have stylists too.

Not everyone can pull off pink, guy or girl. But if you can, I say, go for it. :shrug:

I don't really have a problem with metrosexuality. I'm in no position to judge someone on this. ( Today I actually considered buying that lipgloss that makes your lips bigger. :shifty: I think I want it. :reject: )

haha this thread is great.

i think the most expensive and vain thing i do is buy women's seven jeans and citizens of humanity jeans because they fit me better. also, i hate baggy jeans. most of the guys i know buy and wear girl jeans as well.

david said:
haha this thread is great.

i think the most expensive and vain thing i do is buy women's seven jeans and citizens of humanity jeans because they fit me better. also, i hate baggy jeans. most of the guys i know buy and wear girl jeans as well.

I want to know where you shop? I have never seen a man in the women's section looking like he wanted to do anything but run for the car. I do however have a pair of those soft loose boyfriend jeans for slouch days though I prefer my jeans fitted.

I just have one thing to say about 'metrosexual'. You don't have to spend a fortune to look like you do. I t doesn't matter what color a shirt is either..not as long as you like it and wear it. A 'color' doesn't make you feminine unless it is attached to a lacey silky pair of panties covering the appropriate gender equipment. People are generally attracted to others that take the time to dress and groom regularly and look like they have some form of self assurance and confidence. This doesn't have anything to do with how much you spend but how much you value yourself <inside> that makes it present on the outside. Self Esteem. I am totally guilty of going to a good salon for a hair style and I spend at least 20 on shampoo...but not only is it a BIG bottle... there is a reason for using it. The cheap stuff dries your hair out, strips the color off, and you end up going back to the salon more often to have it cut off and corrected. I get a good hair style and maintain it for a very long time.

I'm fine with guys trying to look their best HOWEVER.... tweezing eyebrows is a red flag for me
(unless you're correcting a really bad UNI-BROW)

TWO WORDS.... Richard Grieco

therulz said:

I want to know where you shop? I have never seen a man in the women's section looking like he wanted to do anything but run for the car. I do however have a pair of those soft loose boyfriend jeans for slouch days though I prefer my jeans fitted.

I just have one thing to say about 'metrosexual'. You don't have to spend a fortune to look like you do. I t doesn't matter what color a shirt is either..not as long as you like it and wear it. A 'color' doesn't make you feminine unless it is attached to a lacey silky pair of panties covering the appropriate gender equipment. People are generally attracted to others that take the time to dress and groom regularly and look like they have some form of self assurance and confidence. This doesn't have anything to do with how much you spend but how much you value yourself <inside> that makes it present on the outside. Self Esteem. I am totally guilty of going to a good salon for a hair style and I spend at least 20 on shampoo...but not only is it a BIG bottle... there is a reason for using it. The cheap stuff dries your hair out, strips the color off, and you end up going back to the salon more often to have it cut off and corrected. I get a good hair style and maintain it for a very long time.

I shop for jeans at nordstroms, but expensive jeans aren't something i always buy you know. i wear jeans for a while before i feel like getting another pair. To me buying girl jeans isn't that big of a deal. I know a lot of guys that do. The girls working at nordstroms don't mind either, they're quite helpful. They laugh at me when I show dissapointment in not being able to use the women's changing rooms.

I don't fall into the metrosexual catagory. I mean I don't spend absorbent amounts of cash on products to make myself look better. I just use bar soap on my skin and body. I never use calogne. I have good skin because I take a shit load of vitamins. I don't go to salons to cut my hair, I actually cut my own hair. I shop at thrift stores and vintage clothing stores for other clothing items besides expensive jeans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom