The Anti Metrosexual Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like gays and metros to really work with heteros in the waxing department. I would consider it a public service. Thank you.

joyfulgirl said:

Who are Jordan and Peter Andre? :reject:

Jordan is an English "model" with superinflated boobs, fake tan, fake hair, fake nails, umm, you get the picture. Peter Andre is a tacky singer who is either English, Greek, or Australian. No country wants to actually lay claim to him. They married each other recently in a pink wedding. :vomit:

Mind you, theyre both so tacky they have something in common. In a weird way the marriage will probaby last.

I like how every time someone says something to oppose another person's point of view, it's because they're jealous. Yes, I'm clearly jealous because I think people have the luxury to spend their money irresponsibly and take what they have for granted - I'm just soooo jealous that they have egos the size of Texas, and are concerned with noone but themselves. Dammit, I wish I were a pompous conceited ass, then my life would be perfect. PERFECT I TELL YOU.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
I like how every time someone says something to oppose another person's point of view, it's because they're jealous. Yes, I'm clearly jealous because I think people have the luxury to spend their money irresponsibly and take what they have for granted - I'm just soooo jealous that they have egos the size of Texas, and are concerned with noone but themselves. Dammit, I wish I were a pompous conceited ass, then my life would be perfect. PERFECT I TELL YOU.

:lol: I cant disagree, though.

Myself, I find it very difficult to find the line betwen vanity and simple pride in one's appearance. Any issue I take is due to that. I know the line is there and not everyone who cares about appearance is vain, but there is vanity as well and it is one thing I cannot stand.

Angela Harlem said:

the line betwen vanity and simple pride in one's appearance. Any issue I take is due to that.

:up:

Exactly. This thread has nothing to do with masculinity, 'metrosexuality', or anything else, it has to do with vanity.

Angela Harlem said:

:lol: I cant disagree, though.

Myself, I find it very difficult to find the line betwen vanity and simple pride in one's appearance. Any issue I take is due to that. I know the line is there and not everyone who cares about appearance is vain, but there is vanity as well and it is one thing I cannot stand.

There is a difference between Vanity and simple pride in one's appearance. If you are vain I don't believe you would see the difference.

Carek1230 said:

There is a difference between Vanity and simple pride in one's appearance. If you are vain I don't believe you would see the difference.

That's what I said. The first sentence anyway. :huh:
Vain people probably wouldn't see the difference, but they dont see much. Sometimes it is hard for someone on the outside to differentiate between someone simply being careful about their look, and outright vanity.

People are funny, no?

=============

As for my dollar-five..........

I can go for days without shaving
But I prefer clearn shaven cut, to go with my more medium hairstyle.

I don't really care if gusy look good or not, because I have a decent know how, and I know how to look pretty good, and I like the reactions I get. I, I, I... hahahaha.

I'll speak for the people around me - -
I live, well, grew up, in a community where many people made 100K a year, wealthy. I was on the outskirts of such a place, of course, and was around more people who, say, had substantially less digits in their paychecks. But it amazed me......

I was arguably the best dressed person in my school. I guess it's sorta in style to look like you're not dressing up or something. But besides that, all these rich people around me, they often wore sweatpants and such. Some guys wore button shirts (no dress code at my school), etc, you know, high school kids, fasions, trends "indivuality", blah blah. But more so, the adults. People on the streets, you see in the stores, etc...

It's like..........................

They purposely dress badly

it must be unique to this area.
There are also a lot of overweight people around here, too.....
maybe there is a connection.

anyways, to come to some sort of a point.....

I think people should take pride in their appearance. I know the difference between not shaving for a week, and shaving in the morning.

ubt really...... people just need to know how to wear cloths that match. hahaha

but if people don't that's okay. i'm not unaccustomed to being the best dressed person in a room :shrug:

but I don't feel ''superior'', even if that's how it sounds.
(I just notice things, more so.)
For me, I guess it just makes me feel more "me".

But I think this is due to my anticonformity trait........... ah.....

I'll stop here

joyfulgirl said:
I'd like gays and metros to really work with heteros in the waxing department. I would consider it a public service. Thank you.

hmmmmm ... well, one of my favorite memories was when a few friends of mine waxed one of my ex-boyfriend's backs. (yes, it was a bit of a weird party). hearing him scream in pain was weirdly erotic, and now that things are over, i look back on that night fondly.

however.

i told him, point blank, that he'd never get any if he waxed his chest. i encourage waxed backs. i can do without unibrows. i prefer clean shaven men (though a well-kept goatee can be sexy). i *love* shaved heads as well. i am all for some manscaping to keep things neat and trimmed and in order because nothing sucks like getting a hair in your mouth and having to stop and extract it before continuing. it just kills the rhythm.

however, i do want my men to look like (well groomed, yet masculine) men. *not* like 12 year olds.

i also like tatoos. not on me, but on other people.

I would only agree with this argument if it is related to people who buy expensive clothes / cosmetics / cars just because it is a trendy thing and not because they look good and feel good in them.

Otherwise, I believe that everyone is entitled to do whatever the hell they want with their money and spend $2,000 in an Armani suit if they want to. Coming from Italian descent, where the 'metrosexual' concept is pretty much a norm, I enjoy buying nice clothes. Yes, I have several Polo shirts (including a pink one). Yes, I have Calvin Klein jeans. Yes, I have a Banana Republic card. I will even acknowledge that I have bought expensive shampoo, just because I thought it would make me look better. But I do it for myself, and because I am happy wearing them and because I think I look better in a Polo shirt than in a K-mart shirt. I maybe wrong based on pure economic standards, but who cares? After all, it is my money.

On the other hand, there's people who would rather buy a plasma TV and wear soggy T-shirts every day. To each their own. Tastes are different.

As some said, there is a balance between metrosexuality and masculinity. As long as you keep that balance right, it is ok to me.

I don't think "masculinity" has anything to do with exterior things, to me it's about what's on the inside. I have seen the mots 'metrosexual" men be the most masculine in terms of what really matters.

And the men who are the most "masculine" looking be not what I consider to be masculine at all.

MrsSpringsteen said:
And the men who are the most "masculine" looking be not what I consider to be masculine at all.

i find those big, beefy, tanned body builder types to be the epitome of male vanity.

:yuck:

Irvine511 said:

i told him, point blank, that he'd never get any if he waxed his chest. i encourage waxed backs. i can do without unibrows. i prefer clean shaven men (though a well-kept goatee can be sexy). i *love* shaved heads as well. i am all for some manscaping to keep things neat and trimmed and in order because nothing sucks like getting a hair in your mouth and having to stop and extract it before continuing. it just kills the rhythm.

however, i do want my men to look like (well groomed, yet masculine) men. *not* like 12 year olds.

i also like tatoos. not on me, but on other people.

I was half-joking...and I actually agree with you on every point! Manscaping is good; too much not so good. But recently this guy was hitting on me and he was nice looking but his eyebrows and nose hair were out of control and I just got grossed out. Then I started noticing straight guys everywhere with visible nosehair and I got fixated on it. I started wondering don't their wives or girlfriends tell them these things (apparently not) and then I started spiralling down into a black hole thinking I will never find a straight man who understands the need for appropriate manscaping and elimination of visible nose hair and...it was about this time that one of my gay friends was off to get his butt and balls waxed and I decided gays should hold classes for straight guys, lol.

On the bright side, I did go out with a guy once who wore a sleeveless shirt and had hairy shoulders. I was wondering if I could deal with this or not, decided I could, and then the very next night when he picked me up he had waxed shoulders. I was very impressed.

Anyway, I meant no offense to our hairy-chested hunky Interlanders. :sexywink:

I don't really care how "metrosexual" someone is, but whether or not they consider themselves that, guys need to take care of their basic hygiene. I sat behind a kid with longer hair last year, and I swear to god he *never* washed it. :barf: There's a fine line between masculinity and filth.

joyfulgirl said:

I was half-joking...and I actually agree with you on every point! Manscaping is good; too much not so good. But recently this guy was hitting on me and he was nice looking but his eyebrows and nose hair were out of control and I just got grossed out. Then I started noticing straight guys everywhere with visible nosehair and I got fixated on it. I started wondering don't their wives or girlfriends tell them these things (apparently not) and then I started spiralling down into a black hole thinking I will never find a straight man who understands the need for appropriate manscaping and elimination of visible nose hair and...it was about this time that one of my gay friends was off to get his butt and balls waxed and I decided gays should hold classes for straight guys, lol.

On the bright side, I did go out with a guy once who wore a sleeveless shirt and had hairy shoulders. I was wondering if I could deal with this or not, decided I could, and then the very next night when he picked me up he had waxed shoulders. I was very impressed.

Anyway, I meant no offense to our hairy-chested hunky Interlanders. :sexywink:

we are certainly in agreement on nosehairs.

and ear hairs.

perhaps it's because i'm getting older, but i do find myself plucking the stray hair off my shoulders every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom