The Amityville Horror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
is it safe to come out yet? :reject:

As a self-named obsessive with all things that deal with ghosts, demons, etc.... this movie scared the shit out of me (the remake).
The first one was somewhat scary but I wasnt prepared for this, especially with all the poor reviews.

Has anyone else seen this or have any thoughts? I think that the critics were unfair. There were some silly scenes, but all in all - very entertaining.

Also I must say, the shirtless scenes were a very nice distraction for the brief periods we got them!.... :D

I agree with you 110%
I consider myself a Connoisseur of all things supernatural and especially of Movies about the like, and I was awed by the movie, like you having only heard bad things before getting a chance to see it. :shrug: I really don't get why anyone didn't like it, personally.

(and Uh, yeah... the shirtless scenes ... I've never been attracted to anyone I suspected of being possessed before! :lol: )

I heard Melissa George on the radio talking about filming and she said they were shitting themselves at times during filming because it was set in a real house, not on a film set. Everyone kept talking about the eyes (the windows) and how freaky they were.

Wow, finally people who were scared with me! I must say that the remake scared the shit out of me too! I consider myself a horror movie junkie, I was raised on them (thanks Dad)! I was okay with Freddy at 4 years old, watched Jason hack people up by myself in a dark room at 8 years old, Chucky, Candyman, Halloween- ya know, not a big deal to me at all. So, I go into this movie just wanting is good scare and a laugh... but I got sooooo scared! I didn't want to go home after the movie, just in case our house had gotten itself haunted in the past 2 hours when we weren't there. My husband laughs because I am the one always dragging him to horror movies and saying he is a sissy for not wanting to watch them 24/7 with me, but I NEVER want to see this movie again (who's the sissy now)...:reject:

that being said- shirtless Ryan Reynolds:drool: you go Alanis!

yes, I'm thankful that I didnt drag my husband along to this one. he's a not a fan of this genre at all .... and if I made him sit through this, he probably still would not be speaking to me!!

It was better than I thought it would be, considering it's a re-make of a movie about a true story. There was a LOT they left out though.

Angela Harlem said:
Everyone kept talking about the eyes (the windows) and how freaky they were.

I saw the original when it came out in the 70's and the eyes in the window scared me shitless. I am still antsy around open windows at night so I'm not sure if I can see this move :yikes:

The book is pretty scary too.

I'm a big fan of scary movies as well, but geez, most of the crap that comes out these days is just that...crap! Seems like most of the horror movies that come out these days are getting more and more cheesy. Remember all the hype over The Ring? How it just badly scared people, and some even left the theaters during it? Bleh. Some of the special effects were cool though. You've convinced me to try Amityville Horror, I hope it's cool.

Recently, the *only* movie that scared me at all was "The Grudge". Now it isn't your typical scream fest, but the mood was just right the night hubby and I watched it. We were in bed watching with the lights on. All of a sudden, right in the middle of a climax to a scary part, the lights flickered off and on and the Playstation box playing the dvd cut off completely. So it scared us, and it was really cool. Hubby even said he was 'bout half scared to walk through the dark house to go check on the kids.

Bono's American Wife said:

I saw the original when it came out in the 70's and the eyes in the window scared me shitless. I am still antsy around open windows at night so I'm not sure if I can see this move :yikes:

The book is pretty scary too.

I read the book ages ago and couldn't put it down all night - and I was scared ****less.

Back
Top Bottom