The American Express Blue Card...I'm thinking of getting one...opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I'm thinking about getting an American Express Blue Card, but I don't know much about it...I know it has no annual fee which is what I want, and low apr...

I already have a mastercard, which I like, but I've been thinking about getting an American Express for a while in addition, what I've seen on the American Express website looks pretty good to me.

I also might be interested in transferring some of my balance to the Blue Card, since it's lower apr.

Anyone here use the American Express Blue card and what do you think of it?

Goodluck getting it. I hear you have to pratically be a saint to get one. I applied for one because I also thought they were kewl. I think their exact reaction was them laughing at my application. That can't be good...
cool.gif

What would make me potentially think otherwise is the sheer fact that Amex is not really accepted everywhere. I think you would be better off with a different Visa or Mastercard.

Melon

or discover. it's been my experience that discover is accepted more than american express is. i've encountered like two stores ever that didn't, and they didn't accept american express either.

and yes, you have to have pristine, near perfect credit to get one. my parents used to have one, it was almost useless for them, because they couldn't use it very often. (restaurants and such accepted them, but they aren't fans of charging food or gas.) i like discover. i was able to get one when i was 18, and i certainly don't make tons. i'd also never had any kind of credit card. now thanks to them, i also got an exxon card, a pier one card, and a sears card! :yes:

ooh, and discover cards are pretty. :love:

I have one, and I like it. :) I don't use it often, but amex cards are good to have, especially if you travel. The offices can be amazing at helping where other credit card companies won't at all. I knew someone who even couldn't get the embassy to do anything, but amex practically got them home after everything they had was stolen. Anyway, i think this is totally off topic for what you are asking, but i thought i'd share anyway. like i said, i rarely use mine, but i've liked it so far. :) There are rewards programmes, etc with it too....

I have one, in addition to my Visa card. It's mainly for emergencies, so I don't use it very often, but I usually use it for large expenses like booking flights. I like having it especially for the reasons jkayet stated. :)

I haven't had probs with AMEX. I use it more then my other cards.

I live such a simple, quiet life that I don't have a credit card. Lord knows I'm sent enough, but I just cut 'em up.

Najeena

Last edited:
I have one, and the only time I ever used it was when I was visiting England. I figured it might be a good idea in case I had a disputed charge or something, since they can be good at sorting out international problems.

Foxxern said:
I have one, and the only time I ever used it was when I was visiting England. I figured it might be a good idea in case I had a disputed charge or something, since they can be good at sorting out international problems.
:yes: and you don't have to worry about exchanging your currency as you go from country to country. :D

Back
Top Bottom