The Amazing Race 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just hope this isn't a jumping the shark moment for the series. Well, it ain't a celebrity race, cause that is definitely jumping the shark in the reality tv world, like the Mole which I loved until they went Celebrity.

I'm glad there isn't a celebrity like Romber,ugghh!

On paper, the Linz family looks to have an advantage if the challenges are physical as they are ages 19-24. But they would lack world experience which some of the older teams might have. It is also interesting to see children as young as 9 in competition with adults.

Looking forward to it.

Wasn't there word last spring that Rupert Boneham from Survivor was gonna be on this with his family?
Obviously was just a rumor I guess.

I heard that they're only racing throughout the USA and Canada though :sigh:. But I guess with young kids, they kind of had to do that.

If any of you have the Game show network, they've been showing repeats of previous seasons at 9 p.m. every night. TAR4 started last night.

kellyahern said:

No one can be more annoying that Jonathan :madspit: . And I just got done watching the Flo season :yes:.
As bad as Jonathan was, he wasn't even the worst competitor on that season. That distinction goes to racist Kendra.
Jonathan at least had a few redeeming moments, like when he was giving candy to the children (in Africa I think), Kendra showed no redeeming qualities, and sadly won.

kellyahern said:
I heard that they're only racing throughout the USA and Canada though :sigh:. But I guess with young kids, they kind of had to do that.

That would suck. :slant:

Hewson said:
As bad as Jonathan was, he wasn't even the worst competitor on that season. That distinction goes to racist Kendra.
Jonathan at least had a few redeeming moments, like when he was giving candy to the children (in Africa I think), Kendra showed no redeeming qualities, and sadly won.

True dat. What a skank.

CBS site:

"THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION is the first-ever all-family installment of the two-time Emmy award-winning reality series hosted by Phil Keoghan. Ten Teams comprised of four family members will set out on a trek around the world for approximately thirty days in hopes that they will be the first Team to arrive at the final destination and win $1 million."

So it does say "around the world". I hope it is! Part of the fun of watching that show is seeing places all over the world.

My favorite reality show, hands down. But I'm afraid the kid thing is going to hurt this season. I see enough whining kids around me from 9-5, I don't need them at home.

amazing race is probably the best reality show that is out there! It is so addicting....

Really only in US and Canada what a bummer..... I actually was going to sign up for this season with my family we printed it out and we filled it out but then some of my family members backed out...SUCKERS

Yeeha!!!!

THis is the first time I'm really getting into a reality TV show - I can use it for studying psych and social interactions, it's great. And some of the ladies are NICE to look at

heh heh heh

count me in this time

hah, Amazing race 8?

I think 8 is my lucky #....

:) :D :)

I like it :)

Man, I wish I could be on that show. That would be cool.

I;d just need a good team. Darn, I've got no one who'd really be good enough. Though my dad is good w/ directions, I'd take him, yes.

Either that, or some strong, powerful women.
Damn, when they get together, they can be amazing, I tell you.

I wish I worked with more of them in HS

Emphasis on "work".

Eye candy is something else :sexywink:

I am enjoying it so far, I was getting bored with all the driving around early on, but I liked the challenges.

Those kids are hilarious to watch, I'm glad they are there but I still think the favorite is the team of 20 something siblings, the Linz family. But that little girl Carissa is incredible, sheesh, she even outran the bigger kids to the pitstop mat.

Last edited:
OK - so all the pre-race stuff on CBS pointed to it being an around the world race... um - I think we have been lied to. This weeks show and next week are in the USA - so maybe it is just the US and maybe Canada or Mexico - if so - yawn. I'm not interested. I want tears and tantrums in Paris, bust ups in Morocco and potential hook ups between teens in India.

I'm pretty sure the 'round America' thing has been done - admittedly with fewer people.

MTV's Road Rules, anyone??

The Black family was my favorite. They seemed the nicest. I was so sad bummed they lost. :(

That buggy accident...:yikes:

Back
Top Bottom