The Amazing Race 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I really like the Aiellos. Why didn't they stop doing the mud bog thing and go behead shrimp instead. Honestly.. Amazing Race wasn't very enviormentaly friendly last night were they? Driving in huge ass SUV's, beheading creatures and roaring jeeps through mudfields.

Here I was getting excited that they might leave the states and all they wind up flying to is Carolina.

Arg!

The space thing looked like fun though.

RavenBlue said:
Well, I really like the Aiellos. Why didn't they stop doing the mud bog thing and go behead shrimp instead.
Or why did they wait till the one guy failed to complete the course 13 times before switching drivers, the 2nd driver nailed it on his first (team's 14th) try.

I'm stilll reminded of like...... psych videos, where unknowing test subjects are thrown into "test" situations to see how they act under stress......... :| :|

I know it is sort of boring with them just driving all the time. :| I still can't get over that they filmed Amazing Race in the area of the tsunami before it happened and now they were in New Orleans before Katrina. :uhoh:

Last night's episode should have been dubbed "Stupid is as stupid does"

Some prime examples of stupidity last night.

A. Most glaringly, the family from Louisiana not knowing where they are going 5 miles from their home. Kind of funny when the son says after they get the clue to head to New Orleans..."its almost unfair that we get to race right where we know everything".. Yep some advantage...buh bye.

2. I forget who, I think the Florida mom said Lake Ponchertrain (sp?) was "one of the 5 great lakes". Not even in the right region of the country.

Thirdly. Blackjack. Stop taking hits you idiot. You're not trying to win money. You need all 4 players to beat the dealer 3 times as quickly as possible. So anyone 12 or up stays, and just keep doing it until the dealer busts 3 times. It'll happen eventually. But if you keep hitting your 15 and 16 and busting, you're just wating time.

Oh boy they're leaving the US...Canada I assume.

Lame and bland season.

I actually enjoyed last night's episode...although visiting the world's largest office chair really can't compare to landmarks that have been visited on past seasons.

Yes, the big office chair was probably referred to as the Worlds Largest Eyesore by town residents ;)

The Louisana team really annoyed me, so I don't mind that they were eliminated. The father was an ass!

Yep, out of the country. I want to say Canada but I'm not sure. It could be Mexico or South America.

The pitcher let the Florida kid's (Rolly?) weak grounder roll through his legs on purpose, that kid should still be up there swinging.

fah said:
I felt so bad for that little girl :(

But I just love it when Phil gets a big manly hug :giggle:

I thought the little girl came off as such a brat a lot...but I did feel bad at the end to see her so sad.

I love when Phil gets those hugs too! :lol: :heart:

I don't understand why all the teams dispise the Florida team. They're trying the best they can. If I was in the race and everyone else was ganging up on me.. I'd feel pretty shitty too!

It's nice to see the Paolos doing well. Less bickering is good.

RavenBlue said:
I don't understand why all the teams dispise the Florida team.

I wasn't really sure either, and I'd been feeling sorry for them...but I didn't really like how they were ripping on the Paolo family and calling them retards and making fun of them for posing in front of a garbage truck. They were probably just blowing off some steam, but it made them look bad.

The Florida team has said some things about other teams all through the race, plus they didn't win points by telling the Linz' boat driver on the Panama Canal to slow down. Plus there was the incident on the long bus ride to Alabama where they were acting weird, made the others on the bus a little uneasy.

At the beginning I couldn't stand the Paolo's...now they may well be my favorite team. The father is great, tremendous attitude and works his ass off (how can a 50 something man lift bananas and his 20 year old son can't?). The bickering between Mom and DJ is getting a little less, and DJ had the best line of last night's show when they were running toward a clue, and Mom was as usual falling behind and said "I'm coming", and he responded, "so is Christmas".

Hewson said:
At the beginning I couldn't stand the Paolo's...now they may well be my favorite team. The father is great, tremendous attitude and works his ass off (how can a 50 something man lift bananas and his 20 year old son can't?). The bickering between Mom and DJ is getting a little less, and DJ had the best line of last night's show when they were running toward a clue, and Mom was as usual falling behind and said "I'm coming", and he responded, "so is Christmas".

I agree. :yes:

Oh, and I probably missed a lot of the insults from the Florida team, as I've often been doing other things while the show is on, since this season has been kind of boring. The last two episodes have been much better though.

Bonochick said:

I agree. :yes:

Oh, and I probably missed a lot of the insults from the Florida team, as I've often been doing other things while the show is on, since this season has been kind of boring. The last two episodes have been much better though.

The last episode was as close to real TAR as we gotten so far this year :up:.

People over at www.televisionwithoutpity.com think the Paolo's are getting the "redemption edit" :lol:.

I didn't get the Weaver hate until last night's episode. I think there must have been other things that have happened off screen. It was weird how it seemed most of the teams disliked them for apparently no reason.

It's weird how we haven't seen much "eat, sleep, mingle" footage this time too.

Last edited:
No wonder the weather's turned to shite this past year, God was too busy helping the Weavers compete in the Amazing Race. :wink:

Bonochick said:

I wasn't really sure either, and I'd been feeling sorry for them...but I didn't really like how they were ripping on the Paolo family and calling them retards and making fun of them for posing in front of a garbage truck. They were probably just blowing off some steam, but it made them look bad.

Yea that bugged me too. I think they just don't seem to deal with the pressure of the race very well.

The Weaver's can't understand why everyone dislikes them, just because they "don't cuss and are trying to run the race and live as Christians"...well do good Christians constantly call their competition "idiots", and give them nicknames like "The Cleavers" and "The Desperate Housewives"? Is it a good Christian thing to see a garbage truck on the road and say "maybe the Cleavers are in there?" or pull up to the booth at the Grand canyon and tell the employee to stop the car behind them and keep them there telling them the whole history of the canyon?

Just because you don't swear doesn't mean you can pull all this other BS and hide under the guise of "Good Christians"...give me a break...and please be next to be eliminated.

Back
Top Bottom