The Amazing Race 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fah said:

It was funny when the Aiello (sp?) Dad hugged Phil :giggle:
That was the Paolo family Dad, the Aiello's are the ones from Mass who chanted "Yankees Suck" as they passed Yankee Stadium. (Easily the highlight of the first episode).

Why didn't they reveal the losing family's name, seemed a little unkind just referring to them as "the black family".:wink:
Would have liked to see them beat the rather cocky Linz siblings, too bad.

I wondered if it was a North America only thing, because in the opening credits it seemed like it only showed places here. I hope it does go worldwide, though, it is always really interesting seeing the different places they go and watching them interacting with locals, etc. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I really liked the Black's too, wish they wouldn't have lost!

MAybe down to mexico?

Never seen one before so I don't know.

Yeah, I'm bummed that the black's lost.
But at least they went out with class :applaud:

I sorta would have liked to have seen the Paolo family go, because they... seem the most dysfucntional, and I feel bad for them. But then again, I guess they will provide "drama" in the upcoming shows.... but whatever.

Should be fun

Ughhh.

This is my favorite show on television, but that opening was just boring. Having the kids in the show is bad enough, but if they don't leave North America, this will be the worst season yet.

so it's on Tuesday nights? That's it, right?

I don't want to miss a show, even if it isn't so great this year.

I wouldn't even know what to say as a summary...it's all just kind of bland to me. Nothing is really standing out.

I'm mad because the first week, my favorite family was eliminated...and now the family with my favorite player is gone. Not to mention the fact that they're still in the U.S. and don't appear to be leaving anytime soon. I miss the bickering couples fighting their way through airports to fly all over the globe.

Ah.

yeah, I notice it's been very "patriotic" as of late.
I've seen quite a number of flags lately...

The first 40 minutes :hmm:

They drive to the big shoe
Get their next clue and head to Washington, DC.
Much arguing about driving.
Pickup clue at reflecting pool.
A bunch of families mess up here as there are two pools and many picked the wrong one.
Get briefcase from limo.
Do the briefcase switch with the 'secret password'.
Drive to next clue where there is a civil war re-enactment.
They either have to fill 20 lanterns with oil and light them or remove 5 wounded soldiers from the battle field.
Pitstop.

They need to fly somewhere or go somewhere where no one speaks English :up:

Amazing Race has jumped the shark. I'm done with this season. Maybe next year it will regain its excitement.

Just watched on tape last night since I had to see some band named U2 on Tuesday:

Bonochick said:

..and now the family with my favorite player is gone.
Yeah I'm bummed the hot daughter in the black gym shorts is gone too. :wink:

Not to mention the fact that they're still in the U.S. and don't appear to be leaving anytime soon.
Next week they are at NASA, which I assume means either FLA or Houston.
And did you notice in the recap, Phil doesn't say "The first leg in a race around the world" like he has in the past, just "the first leg of a race for a million dollars", or something like that, never mentions "around the world".

I guess we'll some amazing exotic locales like: San Antonio, Calgary, Detroit, Ottawa and the mindblowing twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.

I can understand them thinking that a family edition might be appealing to many viewers...but I can't understand how they could possibly think that people wouldn't be turned off by not having teams going all over the world.

*nods* Exactly, I'll continue to watch and hope it gets better. It just kind of seems silly to have a bunch of folks race inside their own country... but :shrug: oh well. Maybe it will get more interesting.

My Dad, my uncles and I were seriously thinking about trying out for the show this time. If I found out that we were on the season that didn't leave the U.S., I'd be furious.

Since I don't know about the past versions.......

Would it be harder to transport a family of 4 all around the world?

or have they done that, with lots of people, in the past?

RavenBlue said:
:bump:

It's on tonight folks! On my tv info it says for tonights episode that the familys encounter hectic times at an airport... :hmm:

Who doesn't?:wink:

airport???

OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooO~~~

I wonder where they are going?

hahahaha:wink:

it's almost time

That was some hectic time at the airport alright (not). They tried to create some kind of drama there, but there was none. The way the centrifuge thing played out, it really took any real element of "race" out of the end of the leg.
OK Aiello's, you wait till last to go on the Astronaut Ride, and as a result, you will be eliminated.
The next Road Block should be in California where one family member has to waterski in the Pacific Ocean wearing a leather jacket and Henry Winkler wig and (you guessed it) jump a shark.

Hewson said:

The next Road Block should be in California where one family member has to waterski in the Pacific Ocean wearing a leather jacket and Henry Winkler wig and (you guessed it) jump a shark.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom