~The Amazing Race~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fah

Blue Crack Addict
Did anybody else watch it????

I taped it and finally saw it this afternoon.

Another reality show has sucked me in

Did I mention Rob and Amber are one of teams :yes:

Great show but some of the couples are perfect examples of how to disrespect your partner. I love seeing the different cultures and the reaction of the players.

I love the Amazing Race! Probably because I love to travel.
In the preview for next week's episode, some of the contestants start arguing with Rob and Amber, and one them (Lynn or Alex) says to Rob, "You're just lucky we're not voting people off in this one!" :laugh:

Thanks to my mom, I'm getting sucked into this show. It's a lot less irritating than Survivor...the players don't have the time to whine over who "stabbed them in the back".

However, I didn't like the couple who won the last season: Freddie and kendra.

Kendra came off as a disrespectful typical American.

Did you hear some of her comments?

"They just keep Breeding" They were Africa when she said that.

She's said some other nasty stuff which came off as racist and well, down right ignorant.

This season has started off good and yeah I do like the show because I love to travel as well.

Oh I hated the racist b*tch Kendra from last season, not happy she won. I think I'd have rather seen Jonathan and Victoria win over her, at least Jonathan showed 1 redeeming quality when he was giving out candy to the kids in Africa, Kendra showed me nothing.

As for the new edition...I loved when the little gay kid Patrick (racing with his mom) is on the bus talking about Rob, "I watched Survivor, he's dumb as a rock, he can't even make a sentence...and then at the beach when Rob and Amber (who were in 11th) show up 3rd, the twerp's expression was priceless, then he says "How did they catch up?".
And later on the delivery truck he says they befriend Rob and Amber just so they can be responsible for ousting them from the race later, the little boy is gonna be in for a harsh reality lesson later methinks. I hope Rob and Amber win.
I think the 2 brothers may be strong competition.

kellyahern said:

but thank god there's no Jonathan again :yuck: :barf:
There was one guy (the personal trainer, forget his name) who displayed some Jonathan-esque qualities in the premier, berating his on/off girlfriend about her performance.

:yes: :hyper: Yes! I watched it-lol at This races' team members! My fave is Ron&kelly-tho I kinda kept saying..'you better not be Too nice, someone will..'mess w/ u'! sure enough-they finally caught on! Glad they are still in the race!!:wink: Rob7 Amber make me laugh..and the "Happy Boys'..as the "Hillbillies" used to call them!:laugh: Lookin' forward to the next episode! yeah, teh Bros are good! Blonds..Not! lol!:wink:

I think Rob and Ambah will be in it till the end.
He looked pretty smart this past episode when stacking books a certain way to get 180 on a dolly without them falling off...not bad for someone described by Mama's boy Patrick as "dumb as a rock".

fah said:
I think all of Rob's scheming is going to backfire on him this time

I agree! Teams will purposely team up again Rob and Amber for this scheming. And he's starting to annoy me.

He's a liar and he said he'll teach them to call me a liar (when he stole those girls cab- in the next episode)

What does Amber see in this jerk?

skjuls said:

I agree! Teams will purposely team up again Rob and Amber for this scheming. And he's starting to annoy me.

He's a liar and he said he'll teach them to call me a liar (when he stole those girls cab- in the next episode)

Don't know about that. AR is less of a team/relationship game than a show like survivor. You can get by by flying solo in my opinion. Plus, while he has alienated several teams, there are a few teams that he actually let in on some things (e.g. the "fast bus" and the "opening of the front door only").

jer2911 said:

Don't know about that. AR is less of a team/relationship game than a show like survivor. You can get by by flying solo in my opinion. Plus, while he has alienated several teams, there are a few teams that he actually let in on some things (e.g. the "fast bus" and the "opening of the front door only").

Hey, I've been watching since Season 1 and while yes it's more of a solo effort on some occasion, teams have banded together and worked against a team that they didn't like.

True, he has kept some teams close in his circle but events happen very quickly and can change like that.

skjuls said:

He basically single handedly dominated Survivor All Stars, took her along for the ride, and she ended up winning $1Million out of the deal.
So methinks she might be happy with him.

I watched it for the first time ever. It definitely has addictive potential.

Hewson said:

As for the new edition...I loved when the little gay kid Patrick (racing with his mom) is on the bus talking about Rob, "I watched Survivor, he's dumb as a rock, he can't even make a sentence...and then at the beach when Rob and Amber (who were in 11th) show up 3rd, the twerp's expression was priceless, then he says "How did they catch up?".

Rob is many things. Dumb is not one of them. He & Amber are damn good.

I missed the first 20 minutes last night :banghead:

Why/how did the girls get so far off track?

Rob and Amber really impressed me with getting more teams to take the penalty - that was a brilliant move :yes:

Back
Top Bottom