The album you've played the most times in your life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
There can only be one. No lists. :wink:

Mine is...this may surprise some of you a bit...

05eq2.jpg

Probably 80-100 times total...It's my comfort record. The strange part is that it's not even my favorite U2 record, or even in my top 5. When I first bought it five years ago, I just played it a lot due to the fact that I didn't have that many albums and I wanted it to grow on me, which it has, but now I still play it once or twice a month because it really is a great album, has great atmosphere, etc. Heck, I'm playing it now! :happy:

Your turn...

With the iPod I gotta agree with Fitz. I don't listen to full albums all the time, but mine is really predictable though, considering it's my favorite album anyway.

smallerHTDAAB.jpg

While my last.fm ranks seven other albums higher, I've know I've played Achtung Baby far more than any other album I've ever owned. I've had it in one form or another (cassette, then CD that I eventually loaded into iTunes) for 15 years. It was the first album that really defined my taste in music as an adult, and it's still all these years later my favorite.

well if you define it by playing the entire album (a very rare feat for me) it would be htdaab.

But if it is by what cd have i started the most it would probably be
blue by 3eb

I honestly don't know.

If I were forced to guess though....probably Achtung Baby as well... though I haven't listened to that album in at least a year.

According to my last.fm charts ( http://www.last.fm/user/dysprosium/charts/?charttype=overall&subtype=album&range=128 ) it's Amused To Death by Roger Waters. By an alarming number. :ohmy:

But more realistically speaking, it's one of these two:

00-1974%20-%20queen%20II.jpg
The%20wall.jpg

(Yeah, I know you said only one album. Deal with it, I think I've played them both an equal amount. :wink: ) Those two albums defined my childhood. My parents played them both constantly on the hi-fi and in the car. They formed my rock music foundations. I grew up during the era of the Spice Girls and the Backstreet Boys. While I admit that I had all the albums by those two (and others of a similar nature), I would usually come home from school, sit on my bed and play some Queen or Pink Floyd on my walkman away from the critical eyes of my pop-loving peers. And the older I got, the more these bands made sense to me and the less afraid I was of being an open fan of them. We had an on-off relationship during my early teens, but I always came back to them, no matter who was the hot band at the time. I vividly remember my Offspring phase. :crazy: It's the same way to this day. I get madly infatuated with the band of the moment (Red Hot Chili Peppers...U2...The Arcade Fire...) but I always end up returning to the bands that got me interested in rock music to begin with.

^^ I know exactely what you mean, though I'm not that crazy about Pink Floyd... I grew up on that era too and I do have a Spice Girls album and I had some stupid phases, but I always loved to listen to my father's records (except Queen because he never liked them, so I don't know why I like them so much). And I remember vividly when he gave me money to buy an album and I bought Queen Greatest Hits, some of my friends made fun of me because I should have bought something by a "hot band"... We're so vulnerable when we're 11 or 12, that I ended up liking some of that stuff too... Luckily that didn't last long and after a while a had a huge Blur phase, but I never told people much about it... Anyway, though Queen is not my favpurite band, they will always be "the band" for me, because I was introduced to rock music by them.

On topic: The album I've played most times is probably Achtung Baby.

I stopped counting the number of times I've spun Achtung Baby after it hit 1200, in 2001.

Since early 1997, when I first heard it at the tender age of 14, the album has dominated many of my life's phases. I listen to it a great, great, great deal less, today, than I once did, but nothing has come close to eclipsing it...other than The Joshua Tree, which was also at 1200 in 2001 but which has also been spun a lot less, subsequently.

The many ways in which the internet has changed music consumption (at least for as serious a fan as I) has made it increasingly difficult for newer albums (or even older albums only recently discovered) to be enjoyed so repeatedly and for so long. I honestly feel that the consumption of music is different from what it was as much because of the (and iTunes, the iPod, etc.) as because of the fact that there is just such a crazy amount of music so fucking easy to find and hear. It's not all iTunes; it's also the fact that if you listened to one album as much as we used to, you'd be missing out on 50 times the music. The radio, blogs, 'zines, magazines, online collectives, message boards, MySpace, websites (and fansites), BitTorrent, SLSK...the list goes on and on and on.

Anyone feel me?

In a few years time, however, I could see any number of albums taking over this title. Such as Funeral, Kid A, or even my #1 for the year so far, Sound of Silver.

When I'm rotting on my death bed though, I'm willing to be The Wild, The Innocent, and The E Street Shuffle will wind up being my #1 for spins.

Joshua Tree, without a doubt. It's predictable, but :shrug: I can't imagine how many times I've played it....20 years, some times many many times a day, sometimes not for months at a time. Maybe an average of once a day? Which would be....a lot

Back
Top Bottom