The "Album you just bought" Thread, part whatever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
alia612 said:

Sonic Youth - Goo

what's the deal with that, did it just get re-released? i thought i saw a large gatefold packing type version of it in the new music stacks at the university radio station, but when i went to actually look at the cd a week later it was gone :mad:

Whoa, I'm behind on replying here!

I obviously got the new Ryan Adams album. I also found a few used CDs the other day:

Josh Rouse - 1972
Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears
The Donnas - Spend The Night

I got those three plus U2's "City Of Blinding Lights" single all for $22. :up:

IWasBored said:

what's the deal with that, did it just get re-released? i thought i saw a large gatefold packing type version of it in the new music stacks at the university radio station, but when i went to actually look at the cd a week later it was gone :mad:

:shrug: That vinyl boxed set reissued version came out awhile ago, I think if that's what you mean, but that wasn't what I bought, anyway.

alia612 said:

:shrug: That vinyl boxed set reissued version came out awhile ago, I think if that's what you mean, but that wasn't what I bought, anyway.

:up: yeah, that's what i meant. i think. i don't remember. :scratch:

I had a feeling that today I was gonna buy that new Franz Ferdinand album and maybe also check out that BRMC album (Howl), but it turned out a bit different. I saw the Godfather DVD trilogy on offer somewhere for 30 euro, so I bought that one instead.

And oh, I did buy some CD (singles):
U2 - All Because Of You (all 3 versions)

:wink:

metric - live it out (last week)

and today:

broken social scene :drool:

FINALLY!

^what he said

:up:

REM - fables of the reconstruction

borrowed from the library (and shamelessly ripped to my computer):
the rolling stones - beggars banquet, live licks, between the buttons, stripped

Went to the Gersey website to buy their new ep (Eyes Are Wide Tonight and found that they had rereleased two albums with new material on each. Yay! So....

Gersey -- Eyes Are Wide Tonight (ep)
Gersey -- Hope Springs (rerelease)
Gersey -- Storms Dressed As Stars (rerelease)

plus while I was on the Trifekta site (Gersey's old label -- they just got a new one -- and where you order from on their site) I noticed the Art of Fighting single "Come Round and Show Me" was there, so of course I had to get that too. :)

interpunk is a bad, bad, evil place that causes me to spend ridiculously large sums of money on an all-too-regular basis.

but i did finally purchase a copy of joe strummer & the mescaleros - rock art & the x-ray style

i'm sure bayernfc will join me in saying it's about fucking time!

also:
terminus city (i forget what it's called :uhoh: )

i got a kickass magazine, loud fast rules by i think the people who put out AMP...not sure. 150 pages of punk rock interviews, ads pertaining to the actual music (and not trying to sell you underwear or hair products), record reviews, and random other columns. that made me want to go spend even more money and buy all sorts of shit i should own but don't due to lack of funds.

IWasBored said:

They re-released it as a deluxe edition, similar to what they did to Weezer's "blue" album. It has b-sides and rare tracks added on.

IWasBored said:

but i did finally purchase a copy of joe strummer & the mescaleros - rock art & the x-ray style

i'm sure bayernfc will join me in saying it's about fucking time!

:drool: and so true!
It's funny, I made a t-shirt of the cover just this weekend.

Just ordered:

The Church -- Back With Two Beasts (NOT two breasts, beli! :wink: -- although, yeah, I do have two of 'em! :D)

Marty Willson-Piper -- Live From The Other Side (a guy I know took the cover photo for this...he was so thrilled to have it used!)

bayernfc said:

:drool: and so true!
It's funny, I made a t-shirt of the cover just this weekend.

:up: it's too pink for my liking. but fortunatly that has nothing to do with music quality :drool: it should be here on monday.

i've got one of the mescaleros tshirts with the ghettoblaster on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom