The "Album you just bought" Thread, part whatever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonochick said:

I still haven't gotten sick of this CD, and I have played it to death. :up:

I haven't heard it that much to make a decision on how good it is, but on first listen, its pretty good.

I'm back at my dad's for the weekend, and I went to my favorite used CD store only to discover it had closed down. :( I went to another one...and they are going out of business. :(

Dad: "They must have lost a lot of business once you moved out of town."

:lol:

I did get one new disc...the single for "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own". As for used discs:

U2 - "One" single
Counting Crows - August And Everything After
Kings Of Leon - Youth & Young Manhood
The Donnas - Gold Medal

i went into town to pick up shoelaces and ended up at the record store.

it started when i saw that the springsteen VH1 storytellers dvd was 10 bucks. then i acquired via the bargin bin:
tom petty & the heartbreakers - greatest hists
red hot chili peppers - blood sugar sex magik (to replace my old copy which was on a tape)
REM - monster (also to replace a tape)

Elbow-Leaders of the free world
Bob dylan-No direction Home Bootleg 7
The raveonettes- Pretty in Black
Black rebel Motorcycle club-Howl

patske said:
The raveonettes- Pretty in Black
Black rebel Motorcycle club-Howl

I've read so many mixed reviews on the Raveonettes disc, but I personally :heart: it! Let me know what you think.

I'm dying to get the new BRMC. :drool:

Bonochick said:

I've read so many mixed reviews on the Raveonettes disc, but I personally :heart: it! Let me know what you think.

I'm dying to get the new BRMC. :drool:

Hi Bonochick

To be honest, i haven't listened to the new raveonettes album alot..
It's mostly the "new" Dylan that's playing on my i-Pod.
But what I have heard, I think it's pretty good. Especially ode to La with Ronnie Spector. I do miss the noise from chain gang of love. pretty in black is more accesable.
Do you know the Jesus and mary Chain? If you don't know them, check them out, you won't be dissapointed if you like the Raveonettes (espacially Chain Gang)

BTW.. BRMC is realy good, it's completely different than the previous records, but it works.

patske said:

Hi Bonochick

To be honest, i haven't listened to the new raveonettes album alot..
It's mostly the "new" Dylan that's playing on my i-Pod.
But what I have heard, I think it's pretty good. Especially ode to La with Ronnie Spector. I do miss the noise from chain gang of love. pretty in black is more accesable.
Do you know the Jesus and mary Chain? If you don't know them, check them out, you won't be dissapointed if you like the Raveonettes (espacially Chain Gang)

BTW.. BRMC is realy good, it's completely different than the previous records, but it works.

BTW.. I saw the Raveonettes live a month ago.. Don't miss them when they are in the neighboorhood

ramallah - kill a celebrity

i ordered it on friday, it arrived today.

album of the year material right here. incredible.

I went CD shopping today (payday). :D

I got Plans by Death Cab for Cutie and Life in Slow Motion by David Gray. Blindingly obvious, but whatever. I've already taken in Plans, and Mr. Gray is serenading me at the moment.

i ordered some stuff from interpunk.com.

nothing anyone here would care about, though.

oh, and i picked up a used copy of REM's "reckoning" yesterday.

More used CD hunting. I managed to get the Scissor Sisters (I haven't heard a damn thing of theirs, so I'm going by all of the rave reviews I've heard)...and I also got a vinyl copy of The Rolling Stones' Sticky Fingers...but I don't have a turntable. :der: For $3.99 though, I couldn't resist. :wink: It might end up finding a new home where somebody can actually use it.

Grandaddy - From the Diary of Toddzilla

Not bad.
nowhere near as good as their full length releases, but there's a lot of interesting ideas here.

for one, this could be the first time they've played a waltz (At My post) usually, they are 4/4 whores..and it works for them. But this songs is great, how it goes from the 3/4 to the 4/4 effortlessly (though maybe overly long)

There's also Florida which is, at times, a straight up hardcore song. I mean hardcore in the screaming and swearing sort of way. It's crazy hearing his voice like this

I recommend it
I'd give it a 7/10

Bonochick said:
...and I also got a vinyl copy of The Rolling Stones' Sticky Fingers...but I don't have a turntable. :der: For $3.99 though, I couldn't resist. :wink: It might end up finding a new home where somebody can actually use it.

not really a problem if you go buy a turntable. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom