The "Album you just bought" Thread, part whatever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IWasBored said:

:ohmy:

wait. what? elaborate, please!

Yeah, there are three songs related to Shane on the 2nd volulme. "What a Wonderful World," Nick Cave's cover of "A Rainy Night in Soho" and Shane doing lead vocals on a song called "Lucy" with Nick and the Bad Seeds backing. I can post them later if anyone would like.

:hyper: :up:

since my last post here:
social distortion - prison bound
squared off - standing strong
i found an elvis costello "i can't stand up for falling down" 7"/45/whatever you want to call it/single. $2 at the used store. so i bought it.

i ordered the light wires' debut album after checking out the mp3s on interference's own EP's mp3 blog (cd is still in transit)

and today:
lucero - tennessee
bruce springsteen - born to run 30th anniversary edition

I haven't bought too many cds lately (I've practically cut them out of my budget unless one of my very favorites release a new album). That being said, I rushed out and bought Wilco's Kicking Television yesterday :macdevil:

indra said:
Arlo Guthrie -- Alice's Restaurant

you should buy "the best of arlo guthrie." :yes:

it has the motorcycle (significance of the pickle) song, which is similar to alice's...and city of new orleans, last to leave, gabrel's mothers, etc...all great songs!

i'll post some ysi's if you need, i'm on an arlo kick and would be glad to share the love :D

VertigoGal said:

you should buy "the best of arlo guthrie." :yes:

it has the motorcycle (significance of the pickle) song, which is similar to alice's...and city of new orleans, last to leave, gabrel's mothers, etc...all great songs!

i'll post some ysi's if you need, i'm on an arlo kick and would be glad to share the love :D

I was just thinking of looking up the motorcycle song.... :) It sounds like a fun one.

Now that I have a decent pc and a high speed connection I can finally get iTunes. Even though I prefer buying actual cds I suspect iTunes is going to be a dangerous attraction for me when I want something in the middle of the night. It's just so damned easy!

yeah, itunes seems dangerous...i'm almost glad i have no access to a credit card. almost. :rolleyes:

:wink:

me and my dad were listening to the pickle song loudly when we got pulled over by the cops (problem w/ the tags or something)...you'll understand when you listen. :lol:

I just bought the deluxe edition of "The Downward Spiral" by NIN. I've owned the original for years; but when i first bought it, I listened to it once and hid it away; it scared the shit out of me. Honestly, I think its one of the most horrific albums ever. Imagine a teenage catholic boy hearing "Heresy" for the first time. I think I wanted to have the cd player blessed afterwards. :wink: But, I've always loved The Fragile and Pretty Hate Machine; so a few months ago I gave it another go; and, I have to say its freaking brilliant. Terribly dark, but amazing. Quite sad too. But its actually become one of my favourite albums. Anyway, so I took the plunge and upgraded my copy to the cool deluxe edition. The new mix is nice and clear; and the second disc has nice b-sides and demos. And the packaging is beautiful. So, I highly recommend it.

There's a huge record fair in my town today (and tomorrow). Need I say more? :wink:

Abba - Thank You For The Music (4CD boxset)
James Brown - Star Time (4CD boxset)
Bob Dylan - Biograph (3CD boxset)
R.E.M. - New Adventures In Hi-Fi (special packaging)
The Supremes - The Supremes (4CD boxset and I just noticed it had an additional CD called An Evening With The Supremes :hyper: )
Tröckener Kecks - 'n Nieuw Begin (single)
Tröckener Kecks - Het Grote Geheim (video with bonus single Het Kleine Geheim)

And I also saw the remix single for City Of Blinding Lights, but it was sold when I came back later to look for it. :|

:reject:

Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood...

:hyper:

Finally bought a Coldplay CD cos it was on sale for 10 bucks! Parachutes was also on sale actually but I can't spend too much now.

1416522.jpg

Iron Maiden - Killers
Rush - Retrospectives I: Best of 74-80
Rush - Retrospectives II: Best of 80-87
Marvin Gaye - Love Songs

:heart: Marvin Gaye :heart:

U2 - Street Mission

:lol: I always listen to this one for a laugh.

Some say, maybe tomorrow! A new direction, hello, well I know know know, well I know know knowwwwww!

I forgot to mention I bought Wilco's Kicking Television last week.

It didn't exactly blow me away though. Surprising serile for a live album.

Alice In Chains - Self Titled
Alanis Morissette - Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie
Alanis Morissette - Under Rug Swept
Depeche Mode - The Singles 81>85
Depeche Mode - The Singles 86>98

Rent - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Jerry Lee Lewis - 18 Original Sun Greatest Hits
Johnny Cash - At San Quentin (had the original on vinyl, having the full concert is quite nice)

U2 - ATYCLB

I never did get this when it came out. Had alot on my plate at the time, unfortch. But so many wonderful songs on it.. it was nice to be able to pick it up now.

Big Shiny Tunes 10. Pretty good compilation this year. Though the tracklisting on the net was a bit different than the cd I got... but still pretty decent. Only two songs that I really skip on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom