The Album That Saved Your Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Without going deep into it, Achtung Baby absolutely saved my life...

I'm curious as to what album (by any artist) saved yours. Discuss! :)

Boys for Pele and Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos
Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morrissette
Ten, Pearl Jam

(yes, my really awful depression happened in the early '90s...can you tell? :wink: )

All That You Can't Leave Behind
Automatic for the People
(possibly twice)

'the unforgettable fire' has seen me through more crises than i care to remember.

:sigh:

also, 'downward spiral' by nine inch nails, and 'little earthquakes' by tori amos.

In different stages of my life, these records definitely saved my sanity:

as a child: Sgt. Pepper
adolescence: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
high school: Born to Run
college: Hejira (Joni Mitchell)
80s: Achtung Baby
90s Boys for Pele (Tori Amos)

/showing my age

maybe i don't have a true flare for the dramatics, but i've never come close to ever believing an album has actually saved my life.

obviously you people have gone through different shit than i have. and if it has indeed saved your life (even if it's atyclb ;) ), then i'm glad it did!

Zoomerang96 said:
obviously you people have gone through different shit than i have. and if it has indeed saved your life (even if it's atyclb ;) ), then i'm glad it did!

That might just be the case for alot of us, I'm sorry to say. I'm not fond of dramatic exaggeration, but for my case, it really was life and death, and I'm not ashamed to say so. But this is the internet after all, and the problem is that none of us really know who we're talking to, analyzing or judging.

HelloAngel said:

That might just be the case for alot of us, I'm sorry to say. I'm not fond of dramatic exaggeration, but for my case, it really was life and death, and I'm not ashamed to say so. But this is the internet after all, and the problem is that none of us really know who we're talking to, analyzing or judging.

nope, but i believe you. i'm sure it did help.

Zoomerang96 said:
maybe i don't have a true flare for the dramatics, but i've never come close to ever believing an album has actually saved my life.

that's why I said 'saved my sanity' and not 'life' in my post, but I don't doubt that music saves lives.

August and Everything After by Counting Crows. I don't want to go into it here, but it was definitely a matter of life or death. I'll always treasure that album.

ATYCLB!
It saved me from boy-bands!

And Beautiful Day made me fall in love with 4 guys all at the same time! What more can you ask for?

lady luck said:
ATYCLB!
It saved me from boy-bands!

And Beautiful Day made me fall in love with 4 guys all at the same time! What more can you ask for?

Yikes!! Sounds a bit like an episode of the Jerry Springer Show! :ohmy:

lady luck said:

ehm... what you mean?

Jerry's an...ahem...sleazy talk show host. Your "fall in love with four men at once sounds kinda like what the topics on his shows. :D

indra said:

Jerry's an...ahem...sleazy talk show host. Your "fall in love with four men at once sounds kinda like what the topics on his shows. :D

oh! Now I can see it!

Sounds like a GREAT show...

lady luck said:

oh! Now I can see it!

Sounds like a GREAT show...

Oh yeah! :yikes: It's kind of like watching a train wreak -- you hate yourself, but you can't look away. Kinda sad too, cause Jerry's a smart guy who could be doing something worthwhile. I used to like him....

lady luck said:
OMG, it is really THAT bad?

It's been called the worst show in the nation, and they were proud of it!

This show is probably most known for its foul mouths, excessive fighting, excessive nudity and really whacky stories. Nearly every episode (if not all) have at least one bleeped over foul word. Other than that – the studio audience screams: 'Je-rry! Je-rry! Je-rry!' or 'Let us see! Let us see!' as someone exposes one part of the body or another.

This pretty much sums it up. :ohmy: :huh:

well.. sounds like half of the entertainement shows we have in Italy.
It's sad -- I know!

barenaked ladies - born on a pirate ship

very long story.

i can list some other albums that have got me through some shit, but that's the only one i really can say actually saved my life.

aside from all ya said about the jerry springer show.....
its also FAKE ! hahah
like WWF

achtung baby- saved me from a trecherous situation indeed
listening to it every morning convinced and encouraged me to move away from something and move on with my life

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Wow you must have really gotten an advance copy.:wink:

:huh: Um, well, I have nothing to say for myself except that I'm old and it's all becoming a blur, lol. Ok, so just shift that one over to saving my sanity in the 90s.

Back
Top Bottom