The absolutely coolest thing ever relating to names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is some cool shit. Interesting how many names are popular then die out only to re-surface and become popular again and again. Trends...............even in names. Who woulda thunk?!!

I like searching old and dated names like "Maude" and "Pearl" and thank heavens to Betsy they are no longer popular.

According to this thing "Chasity" was more popular at its peak (in the 80s) than "Chastity" ever was at its (in the 70s).

But Microsoft still tells me my name is misspelled :(

Microsoft can kiss my one T ass! :madwife:

My name was most popular in the 80s, and that's when I was born! Glad to know that good ol' Mom and Dad were so mainstream. :drool:

My name peaked at the year I was born!
My Dad always said that my name was unusual at the time but now every Tom, Dick and Harry is called Kevin.

My name was in the 1940's and only in the 1940's...well having a name like Linnea is not so usual...:wink:

My name was the #1 name in the 70s, #2 in the 80s. I can't believe it's still in the top 50 even in 2005.

Bug said:
It can't find "Marielle." :|
I think it's a statistical sampling of the most frequent name choices. You've got an awesomely unique name, it seems :wink:

ThoraSEB said:
My name's popularity skyrocketed in the 1940's, then sharply declined, barely to be used again since. :lol:
My sister's birthday is 7/20 and shares the same name as you (born in the 1950s)

My name (Shannon) peaked sharply in the the 70s for females, but was still fairly popular in the 80s when I was born. For males it peaked in the 80s. I was named after my aunt who was born in the early 50s and it was not very popular then.

My name peaked in the 80s, seems to have first been used as a girls name in the 50s, and even though it's declining, it's still in the top ten girls name :wink:

and as a mens name it also appears to have peaked in the 80s but not as high as the girls version

My name's Valentina and it seems it's picking right now :)

I tried using Valentine, and I just saw it's just Masculine. I mean, really???
:huh:

Marielle isn't in the list, but there's Mariel.
I know it's different, but...

the spelling of my name isn't even found:wink: but the traditional name is peaking now....in the 70's it wasn't very popular:up:

I hate trends in names (I have trendy name that isn't trendy anymore :grumpy: ).

One thing I noticed is that when you pull up a graph with all names, the spike in numbers has been going down since the 60's - I guess there are more names being used than ever - which is good.

Back
Top Bottom