The Abbatoir Bluuuues and The Lyre of Orpheus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
What's that my chillins?

Oh yes, they both (the both of them) are now finally released in North America at large.

If you don't know Nick Cave, you owe yourself to find out. Buy this new one, the Boatman's Call and Let Love In.

If you do know Nick Cave, you are in for a treat. He evolves, stays the same, has wicked biting lyrics crazy bombast and heart rending beauty.

Oooooh yeah.

I wasn't able to find it today. I was pissed. :grumpy:

"Are You The One (That I've Been Waiting For)?" is seriously the most beautiful song i've ever heard. And "The Wild Rose" alone justifies the existence of Kylie Minogue's recording career.

nick cave :up:

UnforgettableLemon said:
I wasn't able to find it today. I was pissed. :grumpy:

"Are You The One (That I've Been Waiting For)?" is seriously the most beautiful song i've ever heard. And "The Wild Rose" alone justifies the existence of Kylie Minogue's recording career.

nick cave :up:

Heh, indeed. I think Into My Arms is perhaps the best love song ever written.

The new one has some awesome stuff on it, too... Haven't listened to it enough to put it in persepctive with his other stuff.

And I don't believe in the existence of angels
But looking at you I wonder if that's true
But if I did I would summon them together
And ask them to watch over you
To each burn a candle for you
To make bright and clear your path
And to walk, like Christ, in grace and love
And guide you into my arms

Into my arms, Oh Lord
Into my arms, Oh Lord
Into my arms, Oh Lord
Into my arms

:up:

hehe i learned that on the guitar... now i'm just waiting patiently for the right person to sing it to.

The existence of this album renders any talk of a U2 'album of the year' nonsensical. And no, that's not a knock on U2.

This album is truely magnificant. Nature Boy and Easy Money are my favorites at the moment.

Yes, I finally purchased this as well. The cover of "Nature Boy" is absolutely amazing, though I think "The Lyre of Orpheus" is currently my favorite track.

It's dreadfully difficult picking favourites on this one

I downloaded and listened to the song 'Abattoir Blues' from Skeek's site.

Seems pretty good. I have to admit, this is the first song of Nick Cave's that I think I've ever heard. Dont hurt me.

I bet you've heard the Ship song, even if you didn't know it at the time.

Come sail your ships
around me
and burn your bridges down
you are a little mystery
baby
everytime you come around

Back
Top Bottom