The 5th Interference Album Listening Party. Brit-Rock Version Redux X2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which album shall we listen to?

• The Boo Radleys- Wake Up!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • The Charlatans- Us & Us Only

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Ned's Atomic Dustbin- Are You Normal?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Colour Scene- Moseley Shoals

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Ride- Nowhere

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Supergrass- Supergrass

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Teenage Fanclub- Bandwagonesque

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wonder Stuff- Never Loved Elvis

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
"You know what they outa do with that Miss America Pageant? They should make the losers keep coming back until they win."- George Carlin

Suede-Dog Man Star won the last poll in a sudden death match.

It was fun listening to the album again. For me, it was the millionth time, but having Ax, Patty and Hippy discover it at the same time is really cool. Patty also put in time pulling up lyrics for each track. Nice touch.

And I'm gonna follow Uncle George's advice again and make the losers come back until they win.

The 5th Interference Album Listening Party.

We decide on the record, then we all decide on an evening to listen to it together, and share our comments.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Don't have the record? Don't worry. We'll take care of that.

Remember, virgins make any party better.

8 choices. The remaining cream of the crop from British records released from 1990-1999.

Here are the choices:

1. The Boo Radleys- Wake Up! 1995

e747591fs34.jpg

2. The Charlatans- Us & Us Only. 1999

d701092b40h.jpg

3. Ned's Atomic Dustbin- Are You Normal? 1992

c53901ebe92.jpg

4. Ocean Colour Scene- Moseley Shoals. 1996

c74390l6g3d.jpg

5. Ride- Nowhere. 1990

f54107uy58r.jpg

6. Supergrass- Supergrass. 1999

e08876k0dkv.jpg

7. Teenage Fanclub- Bandwagonesque. 1991

c982302231d.jpg

8. The Wonder Stuff- Never Loved Elvis. 1991

f61582zg6bm.jpg

The poll will close on 5/5/06.

Rock out with your cock out. [/B][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I'm voting Boo. Along with The Wonder Stuff, they've made the best pop/rock record since Sgt. Peppers. And I'm very serious.

i would have heard the suede album for the first time if i had remembered. i still need to listen to it.

My goal is to make these a regular bi-weekly thing.
Once we finish the brit-rock thing I'l be looking for ideas.

And this is by no means "my" thing. If anyone else wants to do one, go for it. We'll just need to manage dates and such.

I'm not sure what to vote for here. I'm not really that familiar with any of the bands.

Brau, what would you recommend as an album with particularly strong lyrics and quality guitar?

MrBrau1 said:
My goal is to make these a regular bi-weekly thing.
Once we finish the brit-rock thing I'l be looking for ideas.

And this is by no means "my" thing. If anyone else wants to do one, go for it. We'll just need to manage dates and such.

We should totally do modern prog rock next. Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Anathema ... :drool:

Ocean Colour Scene.

Mad, mad, mad guitar player!

They're all guitar bands in a sense, but OCS have a real standout lead player, Mr Steve Cradock.

Lyrically, Wonder Stuff or Boo Radleys. Really clever, yet open stuff. Under-rated songwriters.

Axver said:
I'm not sure what to vote for here. I'm not really that familiar with any of the bands.

Brau, what would you recommend as an album with particularly strong lyrics and quality guitar?

We should totally do modern prog rock next. Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Anathema ... :drool:

I'd be down with that.

i'mvotingstuffiesforthethirdtimeandnotusingspacesasapoliticalstatement.
thewonderstuffneverlovedelvisisoneofthegreatestrockrecords.period.
axveryou'regonnalove'missiondrive'.
it'sweirdtypingthisway.
dudeman:huh:

"Nowhere" is a full-blown classic. Fantastic album. Never heard "Wake Up!" but I always hear good things about The Boo Radleys.

Melon

Supergrass all the way!

I wouldn't mind doing an Irish albums listening party minus U2....there are some really great Irish bands!

Heres a sampler (yes, I am a bachelor this weekend.) One 3 minute and 25 second MP3 with 30 second clips from each album, in the following order.

1. The Boo Radleys: "Find The Answer Within."

2. The Charlatans: "I Don't Care Where You Live."

3. Ned's Atomic Dustbin: "You Don't Wanna Do That"

4. Ocean Colour Scene: "The Day We Caught The Train."

5. Ride: "Taste."

6. Supergrass: "Mary."

7. Teenage Fanclub: "What You Do To Me."

8. The Wonder Stuff: "Mission Drive."

http://download.you sendit.com/A7B2D8036435F0FD

Hey, Brau, I have a bit of an idea. If we can make this a bi-weekly thing, how about we run rotational themes? Basically to throw in some variety and stop an individual theme from becoming stale and over-used.

For example, you have your Brit-rock theme, I'd like to do modern prog rock/metal, and LJT just expressed an interest in non-U2 Irish music. To use some arbitrary dates, we could have:

7 June: Brau's Brit-rock
21 June: Axver's Prog
5 July: LJT's Hey, There Are Irish Bands That Aren't U2!
And repeat until a theme is exhausted and replaced by another such as, I don't know, Liamcool's Depressing Stuff Like Joy Division.

What do you think?

I'm already thinking of prog albums we need to do. Dream Theater's Images And Words. Anathema's Judgement. Circus Maximus's The 1st Chapter. Pure Reason Revolution's The Dark Third. :drool:

Hump De Bump.

MrBrau1 said:
Heres a sampler (yes, I am a bachelor this weekend.) One 3 minute and 25 second MP3 with 30 second clips from each album, in the following order.

1. The Boo Radleys: "Find The Answer Within."

2. The Charlatans: "I Don't Care Where You Live."

3. Ned's Atomic Dustbin: "You Don't Wanna Do That"

4. Ocean Colour Scene: "The Day We Caught The Train."

5. Ride: "Taste."

6. Supergrass: "Mary."

7. Teenage Fanclub: "What You Do To Me."

8. The Wonder Stuff: "Mission Drive."

http://download.you sendit.com/A7B2D8036435F0FD

Last edited:
Axver said:
Hey, Brau, I have a bit of an idea. If we can make this a bi-weekly thing, how about we run rotational themes? Basically to throw in some variety and stop an individual theme from becoming stale and over-used.

For example, you have your Brit-rock theme, I'd like to do modern prog rock/metal, and LJT just expressed an interest in non-U2 Irish music. To use some arbitrary dates, we could have:

7 June: Brau's Brit-rock
21 June: Axver's Prog
5 July: LJT's Hey, There Are Irish Bands That Aren't U2!
And repeat until a theme is exhausted and replaced by another such as, I don't know, Liamcool's Depressing Stuff Like Joy Division.

What do you think?

I'm already thinking of prog albums we need to do. Dream Theater's Images And Words. Anathema's Judgement. Circus Maximus's The 1st Chapter. Pure Reason Revolution's The Dark Third. :drool:

:bump: :bump: :bump: that's an awsome idea

We got a 4/4 tie here. :mad:

Break it people.

Or pull someone from the back of the pack up front for the win.

We're closing in 2 days.

Brau, if the draw remains unbroken, pretend I voted for Supergrass, thus giving them a one vote lead.

VertigoGal said:
I'd vote, but it appears I already have. :scratch:
So, umm, you are cool with uploading the chosen album if anyone doesn't have it, right? :shifty:

Yep. Me share.

Nice avatar.

Fantastic album.

Back
Top Bottom