The 5 Best Frontmans ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tpsreports2424 said:

You're just jealous! :mad:

bono_212 said:
can't believe I had the nerve to spell Ozzy wrong :huh:

I have a feeling none of us in the class will be getting gold stars this week from Miss Gibson. :sad:

"You're uncle is smart." :no: I was sick. I have a note!

My top 5 frontpersons:

Freddie Mercury
Bono
Thom Yorke
Mick Jagger
Eddie Vedder

yertle-the-turtle said:
I hate the term 'frontman' because it suggests pompous, bombastic seventies rock groups.

60s and 70s were BY FAR the best decades for music ever :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I know most people don't consider the Beatles to have one absolute frontman, but I consider John Lennon to be their frontman.

Therefore:

1.John Lennon - The single greatest rock star there ever was.

*a huge space*

2.Bono
3.Robert Plant
4.Jim Morrison
5.Freddie Mercury

Runners-Up: Kurt Cobain, Roger Daltry, Billy Corgan

I dont consider John Lennon a rock star, he doesnt really stand out as a rockstar for me.

angelordevil said:

Leed singer...duh! :rolleyes:

Ah, but there are loads of good lead singers who are not good frontmen. What happens then? :wink:

PS: I'm not going to bother to make a list, but I do feel Freddie Mercury belongs on every list. Honestly, if you've never seen footage of the man performing, YouTube up a few live Queen shows.

GibsonGirl said:

Ah, but there are loads of good lead singers who are not good frontmen. What happens then? :wink:

I'm not sure! (he said, as he lowered his Tim Horton's cup featuring charismatic snowpersons). :wink:

It's actually a very good question. There is a difference between someone who has a flair for the dramatic, like Bono or Freddie Mercury, and singers who are perhaps more introverted, but equally moving. Thom Yorke maybe fits the bill there, for example.

Getting back to Freddie Mercury, he was simply the best. So much passion and heart. I only have one Queen album, along with an ancient concert video on VHS...I really should listen to more. But, you only need a sampling of his work to realize that he was truly something special.

Bono
Michael Stipe
Michael Hutchence*
Freddie Mercury*
Thom Yorke

*RIP - we miss you

1. Freddie Mercury
2. Neil Finn
3. Mikael Akerfeldt
4. Bono

Can't decide on a fifth.

1: Bono