The 2014 AFL Thread with Wankard and Big Mummy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how much this payroll is getting per game...how much have the Swans paid per point so far today?

Last edited:
Cotchin just played the half of his life. Can he keep it up? Can the Tiges in general keep it up?

That kick Goodes made after his mark was one of the worst I've ever seen. I think he was trying to pass it but I'm not really sure. It cost them a goal regardless.

Last edited:
Starting to look like the answer to my last post was "no, not at all". Can't believe it was 40-14 to the Tiges at one point.

And that Parker mark was excellent.

The Swannies should run away with this one in the 4th, but that was a clutch goal after the siren. This has been a fun match.

Yeah I just hope Richmond can keep in touch in this final quarter - not that they need another "honourable loss". It'd be truly amazing if they somehow win but I'm not holding my breath.

Hey Richmond, I know I'm foreign and everything, but kicking straight would be instrumental in beating Sydney, I'd think.

Last edited:
Mate had a good point on twitter - if the Tiges win they shouldn't get any respect. You build that over sustained performance and they've been fucking woeful this year.

Ugh hope this isn't another game won off Buddy's boot.

Hey Richmond, I know I'm foreign and everything, but kicking straight would be instrumental in beating Sydney, I'd think.

:lol: No shit. This is the worst time to get the shakes in front of goal.

One thing that pisses me off about this sport is the laughably loose officiating when it comes to calling a player out of bounds. Sydney very, very clearly had a guy recover the footy, step both feet out, then resume like nothing happened. What is that line even there for?

Yeah Buddy was so obviously out of bounds then. Tiges would be spewing if it had led to a goal, but at least just a behind resulted. Still, it's so close that it might be the difference in the end!

I'm more confident than ever that Port could beat Sydney in Adelaide.

If Sydney could secure the #1 spot though, they could make a very strong run.

Buddy might've just kicked the matchwinner again.

One thing that pisses me off about this sport is the laughably loose officiating when it comes to calling a player out of bounds. Sydney very, very clearly had a guy recover the footy, step both feet out, then resume like nothing happened. What is that line even there for?

Still on this, I suppose the one thing that makes AFL boundary officiating seem more loose to me than it actually is, is that in coming from a rugby background I'm used to the ball being out if any part of the ball or the player holding it is touching the line, while in AFL as long as a millimetre of the ball is still on the line then it remains in play.

To be honest, if the footy winds up out on full because you soccered it out, it should be a change of possession. Weak call there to do a throw-in.

Deledio totally fucking marked that.

Edit: on replay, maybe not...? Didn't get good look since I was typing this post, heh.

Only one goal for Richmond after half time. Where have we heard that before? Way to blow a winning position guys. :sigh:

Also Vlad if you say anything about the umpires this weekend I'm going to refer you to the three field umpires collectively blowing Buddy in that final quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom