The 2014 AFL Thread with Wankard and Big Mummy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile Sanderson is probably gonna have another crack that the AFL have scheduled a game on a cold winters night in Adelaide in the middle of August. Has probably asked for the AFL to provide the players with knitted gloves and woolley jumpers.

Apologies if I made that crack last week...

Umpires coach says that late free kick against Carlton last night was a mistake. Boy.

Holy shit is this a whole new Essendon after the break! Come on boys!

And the decision against Carlton may have been technically wrong but morally right, because Carlton.

I'm just going to expect that we'll come out disinterested again tonight, we've had this sort of match countless times and we've lost all of them. :(

I keep expecting Richmond's unbeaten run to come to a grinding halt. Still a bit stunned it didn't happen last week. This week seems pretty likely though.

Also I hope one of you jokers has something good up your sleeve for the new thread's title.

Judging by this pre-match coverage I wasn't aware that Richmond were playing anyone at all.

I didn't know you had a guy who looks like a metalhead debuting for Essendon today, Ax. :wink:

Ariel Steinberg? He looks better than all the players who pull their hair back into a bun, including a couple of our guys.

And wow, big start by the Tigers, and the Lions have snuck ahead of Collingwood early too. I'm barracking for the big cats to maul the birds in both games tonight.

News from the Collingwood game - Pendlebury injured in warm-up, and Ben Reid did his hammy and subbed out in early minutes. The poor bastard who was sent on as the sub to replace Reid played a full game in the VFL earlier today!

I was only half-listening to commentary at the time so I missed how serious Pendlebury's injury is.

I really wish we actually gave a shit in big games. A poor indictment on Sanderson if he can't get this team up time after time.

I hope Vlad makes the next thread with something pithy about Adelaide having no chance of making the eight, and then they go on to win the grand final. I'd laugh and laugh.

Poor cat, how the hell did it get there? It must've been terrified.

We've essentially achieved nothing in this quarter. We still haven't turned up. This is like the Carlton/Essendon/West Coast match all over again.

It's seemed pretty exciting to me, with Richmond only a bit ahead. Adelaide could very easily get their noses in front. But then would I really be implying Vlad's being overly pessimistic? :wink:

I'm pessimistic because we don't ever learn anything from these sorts of matches and make the same mistakes over and over again. Richmond aren't as good as they were in the first 15 minutes and we've barely gained anything on them.

Soz Cobbler, I pulled finger and made a new thread before noticing your attempt to fight the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom