The 2014 AFL Thread Chasing a Place in the Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Melbourne is going to offer Adelaide picks 2 and 3 for Dangerfield. Wow.

Can't see them saying yes to that, assuming Danger is happy. They're all but ready to compete with the best, Melbourne are the ones rebuilding. Just gonna be some more young talent wasting their days away at the most depressing club in the country, I suspect.

Crows talking to Brendan Bolton.

Wouldn't be surprised if we had someone lined already, saying we're talking to Bolton doesn't mean much, I'm not sold on him in any case.

12. Port - overachieved this year, weren't even very convincing winners much of the time, wouldn't even have made it if it weren't for that fluke bounce

Yeah, I was mostly wrong on that one, though they still would've missed if it weren't for that bounce.

Honestly, I've just seen so many Port bandwagoners thinking they're top shit and their fitness guy is god and it has driven me up the wall.

Can't see them saying yes to that, assuming Danger is happy. They're all but ready to compete with the best, Melbourne are the ones rebuilding. Just gonna be some more young talent wasting their days away at the most depressing club in the country, I suspect.

There's still no evidence that Danger even wants to leave, that's what's staggering. It's the same old 'interstate player originally from Victoria is coming out of contract soon so he must want to come home!' shit, sick of it.

Yeah, I was mostly wrong on that one, though they still would've missed if it weren't for that bounce.

Honestly, I've just seen so many Port bandwagoners thinking they're top shit and their fitness guy is god and it has driven me up the wall.

There's still no evidence that Danger even wants to leave, that's what's staggering. It's the same old 'interstate player originally from Victoria is coming out of contract soon so he must want to come home!' shit, sick of it.

Still, it's fair to say they've improved considerably in the past two years and given their performance in the last season - not just their fast and exciting attacking play but also the fact they conceded fewer points than they did in their 2004 premiership year - it's really not unreasonable for anyone to think they can go the extra step. A prediction does not mean it is going to happen. They could completely balls up or Wingard's head might explode. But they're an incredibly professional, determined team with an excellent young list, and no amount of hate and skepticism on your behalf is going to stop that. Of course you can hate them, but you don't have to take it personally! If anything, take consolation for the fact that this is going to make the SA rivalry even more exciting and hopefully do good things for this city. The Crows won't allow the Power to become the number one team here, all this is just going to kick them into gear.

Agree that Danger won't leave, it's bullshit that every time a good Victorian player is at a club here, the media's assumption is that they'll inevitably move back to Melbourne because Adelaide is such a shithole. Yes how objective

It is kind of tempting to be honest, and we normally don't do too badly with drafting.

Why the hell would Dangerfield go to Melbourne? Like Travis said, that's where an old player goes to die. Currently he's in a team challenging for the eight, who could very seriously be in finals contention next year. If he ends up at the Dees, he'll waste half his career at a club unlikely to go anywhere for a long time, a club that if it were a pet would have already been put down. Still, picks two and three, that's a major opportunity to trade in some young talent...

As for Port, what the others said. It's hard to believe that this exciting, fast-paced, talented team was so bad just two seasons ago that we were joking about them losing to the bye.

Why Luke Hodge wasn't in the GF photo...

25F79978-6919-4C84-8B05-37E00F1A4D3F_zpsehykn1io.jpg

:heart:

Fuck the Suns for sacking McKenna. I've enjoyed their rise but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. He's got them exactly where they should be - challenging for the eight, which they will probably crack next year. What, exactly, has he done wrong? Awful, stupid decision.

One of you jokers make the next thread. I reckon we should take the year out of the title and just make it the AFL Thread: Silly Subtitle, like we have with the cricket thread.

Cursed by Ablett's injury. Had he played on they would likely have made finals and he would have kept his job. I think it's pretty harsh, but given the position they were in before Ablett's injury, I can see why they did it, they dropped off quite sharply, and given it was their fourth full year in the league they wouldn't have accepted their end result. But as someone said on Twitter - what other coach would have gotten a better result? Anyway looks like Bomber will take over, which makes the decision seem much more sane, as he's a premiership coach who took on the toughest job in football and did pretty well with it.

Back
Top Bottom