The 2014 AFL Thread Chasing a Place in the Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's fascinating at both ends of top eight. If Sydney win and Geelong win tonight (with their comparatively weak %), Sydney might even do a Freo and rest key players next week with the minor premiership as good as sealed. That would be great for us with a top eight position on the line.

That said, a full strength Swans outfit and I'd say the odds would be well against us.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Maybe Buddy and Tippett can come down with a nasty case of food poisoning next weekend... :wink:

Basically the script is we get two goals in front and then they square it then it happens again. Positive is that the umpires haven't been particularly prominent today and not that noticeable.

What a day of footy. I barely know which stream to follow.

Goddard takes one of the marks of the year at an absolutely crucial time in the game! Come on Bombers!

Only had half an eye on the stream, but did Podsy just give away a goal through ill discipline? What appalling composure at the worst time.

Jesus, not over yet. Is a classic North choke on the cards?

Ziebell spent 5 seconds on the spot and then took a step out. Nowhere near as bad as the decision against Pods.

Fuck fuck fuck Suns sneak in front early in the fourth...

Two years in a row Sanderson fails to take the team to the finals. Surely next year will be his last? In the worst half dozen coaches in the competition comfortably.

Adelaide not dead yet - Essendon a goal down right now and Crows have an easy game against St Kilda next week. Obviously other results in the mix too, but a Bombers loss makes the race for the final two places all the closer.

Fuck off. :lol: We're finished. We've fucked it up for ourselves for good. I'm ashamed to support this "football team."

Well yeah, that result probably cooked you. But the season's so close that crazy things could still happen. I can barely watch the Essendon game right now. We're back to a goal in front now...

It's amazing how badly we fucked up against West Coast and Richmond. We only needed to win one.

Oh thank GOD. I never expected Essendon to get pushed so hard by the Suns, but in the end we won by a decent margin. Goddard played a blinder.

That should secure us a finals berth unless something goes totally insane.

Look at the outs you've got, we've got no fucking excuse.

This is the most "outs" side we've fielded all year. Majority of the games that we've lost recently we had MOST of our so called "match winners" (Pendles, Swan, Beams, Cloke) in anyway.

You can't tell me just because Pendlebury goes down pre-match last weekend and Reid early in the match makes Brisbane a 10 goal better side.

Back
Top Bottom