The 2014 AFL Thread Chasing a Place in the Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The AFL site would probably have the Sloane goal decision? Not sure about the cat, don't know how much the AFL cares about a cat unfortunately, but it was adorable the poor thing.

Wrong. This is genuinely fucking terrible. May we smash through it before the grand final.

:heart: u

Let this be a lesson to you in not fighting the power. If you'd been quicker you could've had another lame pun up in lights! :happy:

(I actually think most of your RMT titles are good, and your AFL Thread Not Under Investigation By ASADA remains my favourite footy thread title.)

Swap Hawthorn and Geelong and that's what I've got. Though if Richmond keep up this winning streak and somehow jump Sydney at home, they're eighth. Imagine the madness at Tigerland if that happens.

All I ask at this stage is if Essendon do make the eight, that our elimination final be against North in Melbourne rather than having to travel to Adelaide to face Port (or, as an outside possibility, Freo in Perth). Then again, we knocked off the Power at home once already...

Can't believe that today's game on free-to-air is Melbourne vs GWS rather than what can only be described as a massive clash between Freo and Hawthorn. Who scheduled this thing? Even North vs Doggies is more worthwhile than the (Maybe) Wooden Spoon Cup. That said it'd be cool to watch GWS get a win, if they can drag themselves over the line.

This is the weekend of the video review umpire robbing players, with Treloar the latest victim. You can't tell if the Melbourne player grazed a finger on the ball, and even if he had the ball was over the line.

GWS have only had one rotation since half time too, with three of their biggest players - Ward, Davis, Patton - all out for the game. This is inexcusably inept by Melbourne.

GWS win for the first time at the MCG, for the first time in Victoria even, and for the first time by over ten goals. They showed real heart and tenacity despite a string of injuries that should have broken them, or at least made the result close, while Melbourne's performance was the most disgraceful and insipid under Roos. The footage of Roos fuming in the box after the siren said everything. All his work this year for that?

And if Richmond singing their song last night was pretty good - well, GWS just put them into the shade. That was awesome.

Can't believe that today's game on free-to-air is Melbourne vs GWS rather than what can only be described as a massive clash between Freo and Hawthorn. Who scheduled this thing? Even North vs Doggies is more worthwhile than the (Maybe) Wooden Spoon Cup. That said it'd be cool to watch GWS get a win, if they can drag themselves over the line.

It's stupid and an insult to neutral football fans. Back in the 90's, Seven would have shown the Fremantle vs Hawthorn match live, with Seven Nightly News at half time.

Melbourne vs GW Bushes, if anything, should be devoid of any TV broadcast whatsoever, if only to try and attract more fans to actually attend what is likely to be a low-attendance match.

Sounds like a cracking game out west.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Massive result out in the west. Not only are Freo possibly still the real deal, but Hawthorn have now all but lost the chance to be minor premiers.

Dawaaaayne says on 3AW that there will be no sub next year. Four on the bench and possibly interchanged capped at 80-100.

I'm happy if the cap stays at 100+. Anything lower is not gonna work.

Looks like the whole fuss about Nat Fyfe's dodgy early season suspension rubbing him out of Brownlow contention is moot now, with today's offer of a two-match suspension for striking Jordan Lewis yesterday.

I see Dyson Heppell is doing well in the Brownlow betting markets. I'd love it if he were to win. He's turning into a real star.

Oh great, yes let's send even more promising young talent to Melbourne so they can emerge in a couple of years as broken mediocrities.

Sometimes I wonder why this club continues to exist.

Ling has announced he won't be coaching after all, despite offers of senior assistant positions, and will stay on at Seven as a commentator for the next two years.

Meanwhile, Boomer Harvey's copped a three week ban from the tribunal, which means he will miss the final two rounds and North Melbourne's first final. Since that final may be against Essendon, you might say I'm not upset by the tribunal's decision.

Wow, Port haven't had a first quarter as good as that for a couple of months.

Did Larry Mulling Jar Marc Murphy get a concoction?

:lmao:

I don't think they've confirmed the injury yet, but he was stretchered off.

And god, if Port were more accurate, this would be an absolute bloodbath already.

Back
Top Bottom