The 2013 AFL Thread Not Under ASADA Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Sanderson did pretty damn well last year! The loss of players like Tippett and Walker is a pretty big spanner in the works for him, you've got to admit.

How the fuck do we manage to dominate for 5 minutes yet score no goal?

Gutless and heartless football side. Even Melbourne show more.

I'll repeat my sentiments from last week, the whole team can fuck right off. Disgraceful, heartless, gutless, no effort.

We probably won't win one for another 5 matches.

I refuse to believe Adelaide could possibly be on Melbourne levels of gutless and heartless. You can win games. Just not today. (Looks like the Tiges have managed to secure this, phew!)

Are you even watching this? Have you seen the cheap goals we've given away to them? We're fucking pathetic, this is 2011 level. And I can't recall anything worse than 2011 level in terms of this sorry football club.

All the signs of a great coach who vows to bounce back and change things after that debacle last week only to dish up the exact same shit.

How do you have any trust in a coach like that?

No I'm not watching, hence "I refuse to believe". It just doesn't seem possible to fall to the depths of Melbourne in the first few rounds of this season. I mean, you're not getting flogged by 100+ today. Melbourne are playing literally the most deplorable footy I have ever seen since I first saw Aussie Rules in 1997.

And how many times can a coach promise to improve tackling only for it not to improve at all?

Gold Coast are becoming good enough to make all but the very best teams nervous! I'm worried about Essendon's game tonight. Glad it's in Melbourne; Carrara may turn into a fortress by this time next year.

And how many times can a coach promise to improve tackling only for it not to improve at all?

Speaking of that, how were Richmond today? They've been poor on that front this year.

I thought they were okay, but it's so hard to say when we were so bad. Riewoldt's goals were all cheapies, Martin and Deledio had field days and that Ellis guy had a good one as well. I didn't concentrate much on how their players went because, again, we were disgraceful. Their footskills were good and they pulled off a few miraculous goals.

You can say as much about them today as you could say about Collingwood a week ago.

Ellis is really starting to impress. Third quarter today was a comedy of errors, both teams kept turning it over, was like a volleyball match at times.

Good win for us though. Needed one of these wins, and should chalk up something similar next week against the 'Scray

Jenkins looks dopey and unreliable this season. Did a few good things today. One of his goals was a gimme though.

This season? This is his first full AFL season, only played a handful last year. Very inexperienced at AFL level, but on paper he does everything bar contested marking better than Tippett. It's really hard for him to perform when you have such poor delivery.

I suppose he does have an excessive workload now with the absences of K-Tip and Walker. He just seemed to be so much more promising last season in the few games that he did play. Lynch has been one that I'm impressed with. Thought he was really good today.

I thought Lynch was okay, worked really hard but missed some very gettable goals for his standards (he's technically an excellent kick) and his error lead to Richmond's first.

Let's try this again:

Good game so far for the Bombers, though Gold Coast really picking up late in the second. Daniher's been awesome tonight.

Thought Gold Coast were about to make things veeerry interesting early in the third, but we got things back under control nicely. Bombers look incredibly fast at the moment too; every time we turn the ball over, we look lethal. Good stuff. If only Melksham were kicking straighter, we'd already have an unassailable lead.

Given how well the Giants did against Geelong last week after a season of disappointment, I really want to see them take the game to Port. If they can play as well as they did against the Cats, they could potentially force an upset. Unlikely, but potentially.

How the fuck is this happening?

And then we wonder why literally nobody ever goes to Skoda Stadium.

So did I, so it's definitely cool.

It's just a disappointing commentary (on the fixture, the teams, and a bunch of other things) that apart from Carlton vs Hawthorn, the most competitive game of the round was Essendon vs Gold Coast.

Very disappointing from GWS, but not altogether surprising. Very young group, they've got the second-year blues, same as Gold Coast last year (remember they didn't win until round 16). They desperately need the bye this week. They've got four games in the final 10 that I'd describe as 'winnable' - Bulldogs, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast. Not since Fitzroy in 1964 has a team gone winless throughout a season, and I think GWS will get a win or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom