The 2013 AFL Thread Not Under ASADA Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't know why the two comments are being compared; McGuire's comment is much more offensive because he should know better.

I do kind of feel for Eddie, honestly. We have all said really fucking stupid shit and sometimes you do stumble over your words. Have a listen. Eddie McGuire Sorry For King Kong Adam Goodes Gaffe And he isn't racist, I think he was just sort of making an awkward, horrible topical reference. But at the same time he really should know better and after all that happened it's inexcusable.

I'm well over it all.

Yeah it was nothing more than an awkward topical remark. Sucks a bit for him

Ape shouldn't really be an insult anyway. Cool animals.

It didn't come off as just an awkward remark. It wasn't a slip of the tongue. He reiterated it and seemed to think he was being funny, that what he was doing was acceptable. And maybe he isn't a racist, maybe he really is as much for equality as he says he is, but that simply makes it a prime example of a well intentioned individual still being capable of saying completely stupid things, of the casual racism that still infiltrates our society. Perhaps basically everyone does it, but that doesn't make it right. It would be bad enough at a Sunday barbie, it's unacceptable from one of the biggest names in the sport.

a prime example of a well intentioned individual still being capable of saying completely stupid things, of the casual racism that still infiltrates our society. Perhaps basically everyone does it, but that doesn't make it right. It would be bad enough at a Sunday barbie, it's unacceptable from one of the biggest names in the sport.

:up:

Bolt blamed it all on the "new racism" of indigenous round.

Way to miss the point of it, Bolta. He also says recognising Aboriginals as the first people of this land is "new racism" #whythefuckdoikeepreadinghisarticles

He will be one of the first Australians to be liquidated after the revolution.

Why do people even bother to look at Bolt's shit any more?

Why do people even bother to watch Brisbane's shit any more? HOW THE FUCK DID MY MOB LOSE TO THEM GOD.

What a terrible weekend of footy on free-to-air telly.

Brisbane vs Collingwood
Carlton vs GWS
Geelong vs Gold Coast
Melbourne vs Hawthorn

It's a sad state of affairs when the game that sounds the most competitive is a Queensland expansion club that has won ten games in its entire existence playing the greatest team of the last decade - at said greatest team's first true home match of the year.

I'm probably not watching the match tonight, which is a shame, since it's probably going to be the only match this season that doesn't have me ripping my hair out.

Judging by the weather right now, I think it's safe to say that the Crows/Dockers match today will be the first in which neither team produces a double digit score.

That would've happened last night if Collingwood vs Brisbane had been at the MCG rather than the Gabba! It's been a long time since I've seen rain that heavy pour so consistently.

Geelong vs Gold Coast could be a ripper. Gold Coast were superb last week against Hawthorn, their midfield outplayed Hawthorn's. No reason why they can't similarly take it up to Geelong's.

I had to stop at about ten seconds in because I was laughing so hard at the music.

Then I pressed play and started laughing again.

I'm still not even like half a minute into this thing, I got no idea what I'm in for.

I don't quite know how I got through it... the thing is about 2 minutes too long for starters.

Fitzroy... :sad:
Brisbane "Bears"... :doh: Also, was that Warwick Capper?!
You keep telling yourself that, Melbourne guy...
And "When we make the five this year"... :laugh:

It was a different time.

By the way, did you guys know Queanbeyan is in NSW, not ACT?!

The only reason I did is that I used to live in Canberra (and knew people in Queanbeyan).

It didn't come off as just an awkward remark. It wasn't a slip of the tongue. He reiterated it and seemed to think he was being funny, that what he was doing was acceptable. And maybe he isn't a racist, maybe he really is as much for equality as he says he is, but that simply makes it a prime example of a well intentioned individual still being capable of saying completely stupid things, of the casual racism that still infiltrates our society. Perhaps basically everyone does it, but that doesn't make it right. It would be bad enough at a Sunday barbie, it's unacceptable from one of the biggest names in the sport.

That's pretty much what I've been thinking, although I haven't actually heard his original remark. Just the fact that he said something like that only a few days after what I had to admit was a good solid statement on the Friday night... I'm starting to wonder if someone else wrote that for him now.

That would've happened last night if Collingwood vs Brisbane had been at the MCG rather than the Gabba! It's been a long time since I've seen rain that heavy pour so consistently.

I've seen a lot of flood warnings and notices from around Melbourne, especially the inner north, and parts of the south-east... hope you folks are all dry and unflooded!

I don't know, maybe one of the teams would've managed to get a double digit score. :wink:

But seeing as today one of the teams is coached by Ross Lyon ...

Watching Sheedy vs Malthouse today is just bizarre. If somebody told you five or six years ago that they'd be coaching against each other not in an Essendon vs Collingwood match but a Sydney expansion team vs Carlton, you'd say that somebody's utterly delusional.

If you're Hayden Ballantyne you should be happy to know that you can get a free kick for jumping and missing the ball completely.

Haha, predictable, we score a goal and the umpires hand a soft free to Freo which gives them the momentum. Beyond a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom