The 2013-14 AFL Thread Coached By Paul Roos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fucking love every second of the Brownlow every year.

Shattered with Joel Selwood missing out. He had a tremendous year, and was really deserving, and you can see how great Ablett's character is, he wanted to only poll two votes in the last round so he could tie with Selwood.

Judd polls a million votes every year and he cost me a $814.60 win this year.

Stevie J polled 25 votes and missed SIX games. Wow.

BU2X7HdCIAAm-ah.jpg:large

lol journalism

Gazza is the man and fully deserves the Brownlow, especially when you consider the progress that his club made this year.

Good to see Jnr win. It would be cool if he gave one to Snr.

Super impressive effort by Steve Johnson, imagine if he won himself a Brownlow! Also, good to see Cotchin get himself 19 votes in an average season by his lofty standards. Surely a future rare Richmond winner.

Hawthorn polled far less votes overall than one might expect. They didn't even top 85, despite their superiority this season. It must be the plethora of midfield contributors. Meanwhile Sydney polled 95 overall.

Wow, so it was close in the end. Good on Gaz. His season has been simply extraordinary and the leadership he has shown the kids at Gold Coast invaluable. What a champion. Hope he can lead the Suns to a premiership some day soon.

Justin Leppitsch will be the new Lions coach. Sticking with the formula of previously untried former premiership players with reddish hair.

I await him being shamefully dumped in a few years' time just as he's finally worked out his shit.

Haha. Like last year, I actually feel quite neutral. As long as my 4 or 5 despised teams aren't in it I'm happy (2010 was a struggle - twice). I was quite content before this year's prelims.

As a Richmond fan, there is however one big downside to Hawthorn winning. They'll move ahead of us on premierships won, and they've been in the VFL/AFL fewer years than us.

Apparently Crameri's leaving Essendon, according to Hutchy.

Yeah I'm expecting him to go. By the sounds of it he'd prefer to stay a Bomber but the Doggies are throwing massive sums of money at him that Essendon can't match.

I'm surprised we kept Bellchambers after the rumours he was getting some serious interest elsewhere.

Thought this was good

1280825_533682546700468_1861347650_n.jpg

Hahaha that's great.

I need to go and buy plenty of purple things. My Freo bandwagon isn't decorating itself.

Because Lyon ditched them with a weak list because he preferred to trade in players rather than develop them himself.

Geoffrey | The Roar | Page 3

A bloke on The Roar is compiling a cracking countdown of all the club songs. I respectfully disagree with two of the songs that will place in the top three (hasn't completed the countdown yet) but absorbing reading nonetheless.

Hah, as it happened I posted a reasonably similar thing on RYM the other day: We never weaken 'til the final siren goes: Rating the AFL team songs - Rate Your Music

I even ended up using the Moorcroft mark as the image after the discussion here. I just forgot to post the link until now.

That was cool :) Fascinating read, similar to the article from the Roar.

I find that the top three below particularly send shivers at the games themselves:

1. Richmond
2. North Melbourne
3. Footscray
4. West Coast
5. Hawthorn
6. Geelong
7. Fremantle
8. Melbourne
9. Collingwood
10. Fitzroy

I remember back in the 90s Sydney used to come out to a reworked version of Up There Cazaly, retitled Up There For Sydney. I preferred it over Cheer Cheer the Red and the White personally.

My favourite footy song is now the GWS one. I just wish I could hear it more often.

There are people expecting me to go for the Hawks just because of the Eagles thing. If I lived in Perth, then yes, I imagine I'd be cheering on the Hawks. But here I've never had to deal with annoying Freo supporters, and I've always had a little soft spot for Freo in the same way one may for a disabled puppy. They're just too pathetic and harmless to hate. And now that the puppy has become Cerberus, how can I not support them?

There has been purple everywhere in the Melbourne CBD these past few days. Maybe Fremantle are playing in the Grand Final or something.

Back
Top Bottom