The 2013-14 AFL Thread Coached By Paul Roos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tumblr_mth5kvMxZZ1qienp2o1_500.jpg

FREO! WAY TO GO! GIVE 'EM THE OLD HEAVE-HO!

Fucking hell listen to that crowd! Just incredible. And what class the way Jude Bolton was farewelled. Awesome game. Come on Freo, time to give the old heave-ho to the Hawks in a week's time!

This... this is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Can't blame Freo for slacking a little in the last quarter. Ahh this is gonna be massive. Probably gonna see a bunch of vans full of purple-clad chaps driving right through Adelaide this week.

19 years, guyz :cryingdocker:

Also seriously, that was like a BT best of tonight. Beautiful.

Jude Bolton says it was Pav's idea to line up all the Freo players when Bolton was chaired off. Further confirmation that Pav is all class.

Jude Bolton says it was Pav's idea to line up all the Freo players when Bolton was chaired off. Further confirmation that Pav is all class.

No surprises, but what a champ. Always been one of my favourite non-Eagles, and though I've already made my position clear, I genuinely can't think of anyone more deserving to get a premiership medal. I mean, just think how much of a laughing stock this dumb purple team has been, almost constantly, and he's been there for most of the way. Man I hope they don't screw it up.

I make good art for celebrate

DOCKAROOS_zps2854c439.jpg

Truly another piece of beauty. I'm just sitting here laughing and grinning at the screen. :love:

No surprises, but what a champ. Always been one of my favourite non-Eagles, and though I've already made my position clear, I genuinely can't think of anyone more deserving to get a premiership medal. I mean, just think how much of a laughing stock this dumb purple team has been, almost constantly, and he's been there for most of the way. Man I hope they don't screw it up.

I hope to god that if Freo can't pull off the incredible next week, Pavlich at least wins the Norm Smith. They should also make a special Nose Smith for him.

Can't believe he's stuck it out with Freo for all these years, especially in light of seasons such as 2001. Other teams must have tried to throw substantial amounts of cash at him.

I was kinda confused by Cameron Cloke's disappearance from the AFL, and that Port had him yet didn't play him even though he may've been worthy of a spot?

He was probably the worst guy in memory to play AFL, for me! He was awful. A clumsy dumb arse. Because of him, I was calling for the abolishment of the father/son rule to prevent people like him being drafted into the AFL!

So good to see Fremantle make their first grand final. They really deserve it, massive admiration for Lyon and the Fremantle players. Good luck to them in what is a dream Grand Final. Just wish they were still wearing their original guernsey with the red and green panels.

You watching the VFL grand final, Cobbler? It's kind of a replay of the AFL prelim! :lol:

Just tuned in during half-time myself, Box Hill lead Geelong by ten points at the break. Man, Phil Cleary's such a passionate commentator. Looks like there's a decent crowd at Etihad too.

Oh and Geelong would be nuts to let go of Chapman just to "regenerate" the list. He's got valuable experience. I've no idea what he's like as a mentor to the younger kids but you can only imagine his on-field influence for another season or two would be helpful for the emerging talent.

Would be bizarre seeing him in another uniform. Maybe he should go join Gaz at the Suns so that we can again hear BT confuse the two baldies!

Wow, Box Hill should've completely shut out Geelong in that quarter but were inaccurate. Still in the, uh, box seat at the final break. This game, like the couple of other VFL games I've watched earlier in the year, is making me wonder why I don't follow the state leagues more. The WAFL and SANFL highlights at half time looked pretty exciting too.

Wasn't sure who I was barracking for initially in this game but I'm a sucker for an underdog as we know, so as soon as they said this would only be Box Hill's second ever premiership if they win, I found myself in Box Hill's corner.

Good on the Hawks. Geelong put in too little, too late; Box Hill were all over them. Entertaining stuff! I'll try to follow more VFL next year.

And damn that's a sweet mark.

Back
Top Bottom