The 2013-14 AFL Thread Coached By Paul Roos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geelong really brought the intensity after half time. Thrilling stuff. That said, Port's had poor third quarters this year so can they bounce back again? Seven points is not much of a margin. This should be a great final quarter.

The difference between me and Vlad - that free kick to Corey was a fucking howler, not small retribution for a night bad decisions against us

I haven't made a comment about tonight's umpiring and I don't think I use the 'we had shit umpiring and that decision was payback/consolation for it' thing.

Umpiring seems to have turned on its head this final quarter - now Port are copping dodgy calls. Still, Geelong's intensity is just too much and even if Port got every call their way they couldn't stop this sort of momentum. Feels like a completely different Cats team came out after half time and I don't think Port can come back from here.

That was pretty damn good, yeah. Essentially a Betts special but kicked by someone who you'd expect to be an uncoordinated giraffe.

Wasn't sure anybody this year could top that freakish Ablett goal at Kardinia but Westhoff's is pretty close.

Hawthorn vs Geelong next week is going to be SO. FUCKING. INTENSE.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Hawthorn meet Geelong in a sudden-death final, Hawthorn will win. So I'm tipping the Hawks.

Then I'm tipping the Cats to knock them off in every regular season game for the next five years. :wink:

I haven't made a comment about tonight's umpiring and I don't think I use the 'we had shit umpiring and that decision was payback/consolation for it' thing.

Just giving you shit mate.

Great game. How good are Port to watch?? Wow. Westhoff's had a good year and that was an amazing goal.

Super nervous about next week now. Hawks will go in favourites and deservedly so. Would honestly be very surprised if we get up.

On balance, honestly I'm happy with this result because 1. Hawthorn vs Geelong will be off the hook and 2. I much prefer Geelong over Port in general.

But I can't help feeling a little disappointed because I love a footy fairytale, especially one featuring a couple of big, unexpected underdog victories in a row. Oh well, COME ON FREMANTLE COME ON! So excited already for their prelim.

Congratulations to Port Power on a great season. They were ridiculed, the laughing stock of the competition two years ago. It is a credit to the equity of the league that allows a side to go from the last few rungs on the ladder to contenders within a short space of time.

Hawthorn v Geelong will be a beauty. Hoping Hawthorn get up.

Swans were all over Carlton until those injuries. Both massive blows. Fuck.

Though how about Bolton's goal on the quarter time siren!

Swans were all over Carlton until those injuries. Both massive blows. Fuck.

Though how about Bolton's goal on the quarter time siren!

That was the slowest dribble kick I have ever seen.

I turned to Charlotte the moment he was subbed and said "Vlad will enjoy that". Evidently not wrong. :lol:

It's just so right.

That was the slowest dribble kick I have ever seen.

I totally thought the siren would beat it - or that Carlton would at least stop it!

Massive second quarter by Sydney there. McVeigh completely tore it up. Still, that pitch looks like shit and I wonder if injuries are going to come back to hurt the Swans late. We know just how effectively Carlton can come back.

Carn the Not-Carlton Swans!

Swans are putting Carlton to the sword. Can't believe the Blues didn't get a single point in the third - even though Sydney are a rotation down! Don't see Carlton pulling off another big comeback here. Phew.

Back
Top Bottom