The 2013-14 AFL Thread Coached By Paul Roos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the Hawks one is pretty shit but I like the Dockers one. Hard to take over from WEG. They should commission James Fosdike, who does heaps of comedians' art, for them. Or you :)

James Fosdike... holy shit... I know that guy, assuming it's the same one you're talking about. He lived in the southeast, then had a comics gig in America for a while. Glad to see he's still going strong and made his way back here. Small country.

Oh, you! :) (I'd really love to do that job though, no joke!)

I actually posted a link to his page on your facebook I think, or twitter, you may not have seen. Anyway - Visualante :: James Fosdike Illustrator

Wil Anderson

461259-james-fosdike-039-s-wil-anderson-artwork.jpg

Something for Kate

808328934.jpg

Suppositories of wisdom

801962745.jpg

Sam Simmons

805935749.jpg

Dude's seriously talented.

James Fosdike... holy shit... I know that guy, assuming it's the same one you're talking about. He lived in the southeast, then had a comics gig in America for a while. Glad to see he's still going strong and made his way back here. Small country.

Oh, you! :) (I'd really love to do that job though, no joke!)

Wait... you actually know him?!

Yes, our paths have crossed - he gave me some really good artistic advice when I was younger. I figure he's living over there now because otherwise I probably would have run into him again, considering how small the comics scene is here. That's definitely his work - jeez he was always good but he's come a long way. He actually gave me a print of the SFK piece ages ago, I probably still have it somewhere. :)

That's so cool! Nice - I only just saw the SFK illustration on Twitter moments ago.

They just showed the 2010 drawn GF on the marathon. I don't like St Kilda, but holy shit that was hard to watch. So cruel on the Saints. A freakish bounce of the ball from a flag...

I finally saw bits of the '89 GF just before... is it just me or did the game move a lot faster back then? Or is it just that there was no commercial after each goal...

The moustaches, the mullets, the tiny shorts, the tucked-in jerseys... not to mention the broken ribs. What a decade!

I finally saw bits of the '89 GF just before... is it just me or did the game move a lot faster back then? Or is it just that there was no commercial after each goal...

The moustaches, the mullets, the tiny shorts, the tucked-in jerseys... not to mention the broken ribs. What a decade!

Footy's definitely faster now. But that GF is probably the best game of football ever. Had everything. Dermie getting flattened and breaking ribs in the opening seconds, then refusing to go off and kicking a goal a few minutes later, was superhuman. Dipper was in hospital for a week with a punctured lung. Just brutal.

Are they showing the rematch next? God, that was a fizzer.

Love this one: "Tony Abbott" by James Fosdike | Redbubble

Ha, yes. He did an uncut version of that one too.

The Age has started doing live updates from the 'G. This is commitment:

Typical of the commitment of MCC footyheads was Carlton fan 'L', who has attended the grand final every year since 1981. Close to the gates in the special needs queue, he would grab his seat at 8am, then attend Peter MacCallum centre for a treatment of radiotherapy at 12.30pm, before returning to the big game.

He admitted the treatment was "knocking him around a bit", but grand final day air had given him a burst of energy, and he wasn't going to let the small matter of cancer treatment stop him from being there for footy's biggest day.

About 2 hours and 20 minutes I think? Or 1 hour and 50. It starts at 2.30pm on the eastern Australian timezone.

I think that Meat Loaf performance was enough to erase any sort of enjoyment I may have had for any of his songs.

Meanwhile, here we go here we go here we go.

Back
Top Bottom