The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game. And according to Pierre Mcguire, Petr Sykora said during the second OT that he would score the winning goal, and he did!! Incredible!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch Game 6 as I'll be at the Raconteurs concert. I'm sure that Jack White, being the good Detroit boy that he is, will keep tabs on the score and inform me, er, us. :)

Someone could text message you updates
evilidea.gif

Great game! I heard the announcer say that as well about Sykora calling his shot.

Gritty performance by the Pens...loved seeing Gonchar get out there. That's playoff hockey.

If Pittsburgh actually comes all the way back and wins this Fleury has to be your Conn Smythe winner. The Pens got the snot beaten out of them last night and only Fleury gave them a chance. I don't care if Crosby gets a hat trick in each of the next 2 games...if Pittsburgh wins, Conn Smythe = Fleury. Goalie union :)

While I'm not exactly jumping for joy at the outcome of last night's game (and yes, I was up until the bitter fucking end) it's the Wings' own fault. They didn't play as if they were one win away from the Cup, which cost them big time. They got some fire near the end of the second and third periods, but a damn insurance goal up high on Fleury might've been nice. They keep shooting low... Did they somehow forget that you don't do that with this guy? :doh:

Wednesday they'd better come out hard and fast, or this series is going to a Game 7...

The loss isn't even the worst part for me. It was the giving up the win in the last 30 seconds of the regular game:censored: I couldn't believe it. You've never seen anyone go from joyous exuberance to seething rage as fast as I did at that point.

You've never seen anyone go from joyous exuberance to seething rage as fast as I did at that point.

Wanna bet? :wink:

The entire rest of the night I kept muttering "35 seconds..."

As soon as we went into the 3rd OT I knew the Pens would score, simply because they're younger and weren't as tired as the Wings were. :shrug:

Oh well, bring on Game 6...

Wanna bet? :wink:

The entire rest of the night I kept muttering "35 seconds..."

As soon as we went into the 3rd OT I knew the Pens would score, simply because they're younger and weren't as tired as the Wings were. :shrug:

Oh well, bring on Game 6...

For me, it was a constant "How did this happen"? And, I had a feeling we were done in the 3rd OT too, especially when Pittsburgh got that 4 minute Power Play.

FINALLY! Well done, Pittsburgh! Fantastic game.

Kudos on your very-late night dedication! We deserve extra gold stars for staying awake in our time zone. I was watching on a tiny TV in the hospital, which was interesting. Even broken-down grannies and patients with twisted limbs were cheering on the action with everything they could muster.

The last act in this series is going to be absolutely mesmerizing. :drool:

Congrats to the Wings! :up: I Can See Cleary Now the Duck's Reign is Gone! :reject: First Newfoundlander to win the Cup...Woooo! I'm definitely making the pilgrimage to see it when Dan brings it home for the fans.

The Pens put up a stellar fight against a mighty machine...they'll be back.

I saw the first two periods, then I had to go out, but it was pretty obvious the cup was Detroit's at that point. Congrats!

It's been an interesting season... how long until the fall?! :wink:

I missed the whole thing! There was a horrible storm in the DC area and my power was out for over 12 hours. :yell::mad::mad::sad::yell::grumpy:

I'm glad Detroit won - can finally put this whole "European captains don't win Stanley Cups" to rest.

Paves the way for the Mats and Sakus of the hockey world! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom