The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor old Ron was chuckling nervously saying "Let's not get carried away"

:giggle:

Don then instructed all the 'kids' to get their sticks out of the trucks, basements that very moment and give them sticks some lovin'

Oh Don. Thank you for the laugh.

Lemon Meringue said:

wild-banana.gif

No game seven!

Nice goal in OT last night!

I love Don Cherry...but not as much as Don Cherry loved Doug Gilmour (and his straight stick hehe).

Wow, what an ending to the CGY-SJ game, San Jose comes back and wins it with 7 seconds left! The Washington-Philly game was awesome, too.

I love the playoffs :drool:

Pity Calgary couldn't go up 3-1. Flyers looked very impressive last night, if they can play like that consistently they'll be tough to beat.

All the whining about Sean Avery is getting ridiculous. I thought it was funny, and I'm surprised Marty didn't take care of it himself. Excellent restraint by Brodeur. I kept asking myself "What would Hexy do?"

RavenBlue said:
Poor old Ron was chuckling nervously saying "Let's not get carried away"

:giggle:

Don then instructed all the 'kids' to get their sticks out of the trucks, basements that very moment and give them sticks some lovin'

Oh Don. Thank you for the laugh.

Then Ron said "I'm going to bed with my Sherwood tonight." One of the funniest Coach's Corners ever.

See ya Sens!

DaveC said:

DaveC said:

DaveC said:

DaveC said:

DaveC said:

DaveC said:

DaveC said:

It's my favourite time of the year, next to Christmas! :drool:

Even if you're not rooting for a specific team, having the games on every night is comforting in some indefinable way. I had a mountain of reports to complete at work tonight, but I had the audio from Hockey Night in Canada going through through my speakers. In case anyone doesn't know, CBC streams live video of their broadcasts here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/

Too bad for Ottawa's fans. Time for an overhaul, or a great goalie.

RavenBlue said:
Though that icing of the puck in the third was a bit tedious :crazy:

They were nervous! :wink: I actually agree...reminded me of the classic "New Jersey Devil trap" days of old. Thankfully, it was just a blip!

I can't go to sleep until the Detroit/Nasville game wraps up. :crack:

I hope the Pens enjoyed their little victore...2nd round will not be so easy.

Why does everyone hate Ottawa so bad? I don't care enough about them to hate them...

Well, as a Leafs fan, we have a rivalry (whether really or imaginary - I'm not sure) which has been building over the past few years...

I'm not sure about the rest of the country though, there is just something about them which irritates me.

CTU2fan said:
Why does everyone hate Ottawa so bad? I don't care enough about them to hate them...

My team has a long history with them in the playoffs, and the ensuing brawl after the hit on Chris Drury last February.

^ Ah yeah that would make sense.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Well, as a Leafs fan, we have a rivalry (whether really or imaginary - I'm not sure) which has been building over the past few years...

I'm not sure about the rest of the country though, there is just something about them which irritates me.

But I always thought the Leafs' rival was Montreal? Though you can have more than one. I miss the old Montreal/Quebec rivalry, now that one had some spice...and Calgary/Edmonton when they were both good.

The Buffalo/Philadelphia rivalry has been around since the '75 Stanley Cup.

I think the Toronto/Montreal rivalry has and always will be "the" main rivalry. I always try to watch that matchup.

CTU2fan said:

I've said this before but I think it bears repeating: I think the reason many people across Canada "hate" Ottawa is due to their fan base. Whereas there are Leaf fans, like Elfa, who have common sense (although if you support the Leafs, how much sense could you possibly have?) I have yet to meet a Senators fan who's not whiny and annoying.

They've been in the league since 1993 and have made the playoffs 11 straight years, but Sens fans seem to have difficulty understanding that the regular season does not equate playoff success. They'll throw their team's regular season records in your face and then when the inevitable Sens flame-out in the playoffs happens, they'll give you a litany of reasons as to why. And nowhere in those excuses will you ever hear, "Well, the other team is a better team anyway." Sens fans lack humility and that's why I'm not sad one bit that they were eliminated last night, despite the fact they're a Canadian team. They actually had the gall to begin comparing this year's team with the 1976-77 Canadiens after the Sens got off to a 15-2 start. As if....

This was an e-mail I sent earlier to a Sens fan I know:

LOL.

The Sens gladiator opening before Game 3 was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom