The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoManiac said:
Hold on, hold on....I missed the opening. Are you telling me they came out to Streets tonight? They did that years ago and then in 2005 switched to a loop of Coldplay's "Fix You".

They went back to Streets and I missed it?!

Actually, oops, they did come out to Fix You but played Streets just prior to that. Sorry :reject:

I was in the next room just before but I swear I heard the crowd singing along to 40 but my boyfriend who I spoke with later said he didn't hear that. Was I dreaming?? could be possible as I heard A Sort of Homecoming the last couple times, they love their U2

ladywithspinninghead said:
There's rumours in town of Ottawa trying to exchange Spezza for Luongo in the summer...

Wishful thinking, never going to happen. It would take a lot for the Canucks to give up Luongo, certainly more than Jason Spezza (who's been vastly overrated for years). The best goalie in the league does not go for a #3 forward.

Glad the Habs won tonight. :up:

Grrr, I'm currently on a train from Ottawa to Toronto and I thought I'd be able to watch the game on NHL.com but either they're not showing playoff games or it's due to my location. I wanted to watch the Caps/Philly and Sens/Pens game :mad:

I hate to say it, but you're missing two great games! Unfortunately, Ottawa just erased a 3-0 deficit to tie the game with 10 minutes to go in the third.

And Washington was leading 2-1, Philly scored 3 goals in a row to make it 4-2 and now the Capitals have tied it up at 4 with less than 10 minutes to go in the third. I'm getting caught up in all the Caps hoopla! It's quite exciting to watch, and if the Habs would get knocked off, I'll be pulling for them!

Caps are something else.

capt.40b4af3b94984deba0826a3c8068e5d9.flyers_capitals_hockey_vzn107.jpg

Reminds me of a few years at the Olympics when the Canadian team came out to that (or was it the World Cup of Hockey)...:hmm:

Boston had a great first period but Habs are a winnin'! :dance:

Flyers looking good through 2 :)

Though I said that on Friday :(

zonelistener said:

I've been waiting for you to come around Anita! Did you attend the first two games? :hyper:

I was only at the first one when the Wild lost. I'll be there if things go to se7en games.

wild-banana.gif

Great game by the Flames last night.

Bizarre, I tune in and all these thoughts occurred to me in succession (I don't see a ton of Western Conference/Calgary games...

3-0, what the hell? Holy crap, is that Jeremy Roenick??? Holy shit it's CuJo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom