The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ladywithspinninghead said:
Or take my chance on getting tix for the second-round in Montreal?
Bonomaniac - you'll have to let me know of any tips you have on securing said tix! :yes:

Let's put it this way: it would probably be easier to find U2 tickets for a concert at a pub in Dublin. Tickets will be damn near hard to find, so I'm not even trying. And forget about scalpers, they'll be charging an arm and a leg.

Surprisingly (or not!), there are still $65 tickets remaining for the Sens-Pens match-up...on a Saturday night, no less!.....should I go? :hmm:

And the Pens play the Senators in Ottawa on Monday, not Saturday. Tickets are still available though.

Last edited:
BonoManiac said:

And the Pens play the Senators in Ottawa on Monday, not Saturday. Tickets are still available though.

Actually, I was talking about Saturday, April 19th, assuming of course it goes that far.
It said Game Home #3 and that would fall on that date...

ETA: Oh, the schedule is out - it would be on the 20th. I figured it out wrong, every second day from the 9th onward would take us to Saturday but I guess it changes at some point.

Maybe I'll just try for Montreal the old-fashioned way!

Last edited:
Just what I wanted :) Flyers in, Caps win the division...Canes OUT!!! :up:

Flyers have been playing well. I don't think they can win the whole thing but they have as good a shot as anybody, and that's more than you can usually say for a 6 seed.

Oh and re: Trevor Linden, very nice guy and he was always the first guy I'd think of when somebody said "Vancouver Canucks".

CTU2fan said:

Oh and re: Trevor Linden, very nice guy and he was always the first guy I'd think of when somebody said "Vancouver Canucks".

:up: Me, too. I didn't realize he was leaving until the game wound down. It was so sad when they showed his parents watching him play for the last time...sad in a good way.

Should be a great playoffs! I think the big story will be just how many Canadians jump on Montreal's bandwagon, considering how Ottawa are horribly injured. :applaud:

I might have told this story on here before but what the hell...

I used to get to a lot of Whalers games from about '85 to '97 when they :censored: :censored: :censored: Anyway a friend of ours had a couple of press credentials for HCC so we could go downstairs by the dressing rooms and out into the bay where the team buses would pick guys up (to the airport mostly, I think even the Bruins and Rangers were flying in and out then). Well we'd go down and get autographs from all the guys which was really cool, and 99% of the guys were great, but one night with Vancouver in town stands out. This was in the early 90s when Linden was in his first go-around with the Canucks. Mind you this is a club on an east-coast road trip which we've all heard how draining they can be...well there's a half-dozen or so kids down there who've snuck around and down into the bus bay area and Trevor comes out, sees the kids, and brings them into the dressing room. He's chatting with these kids, giving them his autograph, gave them hockey sticks. Now he didn't have to do that, it's not even his home city and fans...but he did, and I'll always remember it.

CTU2fan said:
...Now he didn't have to do that, it's not even his home city and fans...but he did, and I'll always remember it.

That's a really great story, thanks for sharing. :up: He came so close to winning the Cup in '94...I'll always remember him playing his heart out. I hate when players retire. :( It's a reminder of how life changes so quickly, and how the good times don't last forever.

That's a great story, CT! :up:

Trevor is a classy guy. I was at a restaurant once, and his table was right beside ours, but we didn't disturb him.

1994 was definitely the best year, the one I'll always remember. Game 7 was in NYC, and at one of the stadiums, they showed the game on the big screens there. You paid like $2 and got a seat, and a white towel. It was awesome to watch the game there with tons of other fans. However, my friends and I ended up having to walk thru the riots to get home, which was pretty scary.

That's one bizarre schedule! :crazy:

According to TSN.CA., a Boston-Montreal Game 7 would take place at 12pm on Monday, April 21st and an Ottawa-Pittsburgh Game 7 would take place at 12pm on Tuesday, April 22nd.

No evening games from Saturday, April 19th through to Tuesday, April 22nd incl. :confused:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/schedule/?date=4/18/2008

Passover?

zonelistener said:

Passover?

No, Americans :mad:
Well, not the people so much as their scheduling I'm sure, which may be due to Passover? :hmm:

21 mins til the big game - go Sens!! (I'm in the minority I know but I've lived here a looong time, I kinda like them. There's absolutely no spirit in the city though compared to last year)

Last edited:
Flyers/Caps starts tonight, should be a great series with 2 young stars facing off (Richards and of course Ovechkin)...but VS in their brilliance is giving me the Wings and Darren McCarty :(

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Don't hate on DMac :mad:

I'm excited for tonight. :hyper:

That goal in the Finals? Hexy may have recovered, but I'm scarred for life.

Good games out West last night. Impressed with the Flames. Oh and Joe Sakic with his 982nd playoff OT goal :)

RavenBlue said:
Sens :madspit: Horrible.

They're done now. I will be shocked if they manage to win one game at this point. A team that has no business being in the playoffs.

Oh well, it'll be fun to watch them go up in flames, then listen to all the Sens fans (not you, RB, but I know some real douchebags) whine. :D

BonoManiac said:

Dude, breathe easy man. Flyers/Caps start tomorrow night! :yippie:

Just realized that...scheduling is getting goofy. Turns out I'm getting the first 3 games at least. :yippie: indeed :)

Wow, that Sens game was brutal. There's rumours in town of Ottawa trying to exchange Spezza for Luongo in the summer...
Although Gerber was the only decent player last night.

Sooo happy Calgary won - they've got so much :heart: and Iginla has to be one of the finest captains in the league :up:

55 mins til the Habs! So glad Komisarek is back cuz I have a feeling Chara and co. will be out for blood this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom