The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I kept thinking "I just want this season to be over" and THEN I thought "Wait! We can't let the Laffs eliminate us!!" :lol:

DaveC said:

Now if Vancouver could just learn to HOLD A FUCKING LEAD, they might be okay. :angry:

:lol: No doubt!

All I can do at this point is just shake my head and laugh. If they don't win their last 2 games, they're out. I've still got a shred of hope left, but I'm not gonna be devastated if they don't make it.

Not looking great for the Flyers after last night's parade to the penalty box. Yeah, 2 home games...but the damn Devils and the double-damn Pens. Hopefully Pitt will have things wrapped up by Sunday...and I figure the Devils wind up in 4th regardless so hopefully they coast on Friday, but I doubt it.

Tonight should be good -

will Toronto attempt to take out Ottawa? Sundin isn't playing and it's likely Raycroft will play. (I don't believe a Toronto win necessarily translates into Ottawa not making the playoffs)

ladywithspinninghead said:
Tonight should be good -

will Toronto attempt to take out Ottawa? Sundin isn't playing and it's likely Raycroft will play. (I don't believe a Toronto win necessarily translates into Ottawa not making the playoffs)

:drool:

That would almost be worth not making the playoffs... almost :angry:

elevated_u2_fan said:

:drool:

That would almost be worth not making the playoffs... almost :angry:

:lol: Gotta take what you can get!

I hope the Caps make it - I'd love to see Ovechkin in the playoffs. As long as they don't play Montreal as I still have a fondness for Huet, who's had 8 wins and 2 losses since joining the team. :applaud:

I'm hoping the Caps win out, Flyers win one or both of their games, and Carolina loses their last game and hits the golf course. As if I didn't hate them already I noticed last night they've got a 10 year anniversary logo painted on the ice...I swear I remember that franchise being around since 1979. Grr.

:|

So the Canucks are losing 2-0 right now with ten minutes left in the third period against a team that has absolutely nothing to play for. And Nashville won tonight too, so Vancouver needs to win or they're out.

Fuck 'em. They don't even deserve to make the playoffs.

Go Habs.

:sad:

Well, that's the season. I'm so pizzsed drunk right now I'm having a hard time typing. I had a fun evening despite the fucking stupid game. :lol: I think I've said fuck about eleventy billzions times.

Ah well. I kindsa figured while watchign that we werent gonaa win.

Nothing left to dso except root for the Canadiens. Go Montreal! :whee:

If the Flyers crap out I'm rooting for the Habs.

elevated_u2_fan said:

wow, 8-2... that'll show em! :huh:

:lol: I wish more Leaf fans were like you, maybe they wouldn't be so disliked!

So sorry Canuck fans :sad:

Glad everyone's jumping on the Habs bandwagon though! Woohoo! :hyper:

Ideal scenario:

Pens (1st place) vs Washington (8th) - i.e. Crosby vs Ovechkin :drool:

and

Habs (2nd) vs Boston (7th), the latter being unable to beat the former allll season!

Last year we made predictions but I guess we need to wait until Sunday night to do so! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom