The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Games 2 and 3 were boring. This is something else entirely!

I'm going to need a lot of caffeine tomorrow. 1:00AM here. :crack:

Game 1 was great for me only because 1) I was home and able to get it on CBC and 2) Fleury falling down

Yes - Patty La-la-la-la-la-la-la-Fontaine scored the winning goal.

I was so bummed when we dealt him to you guys, but, Turgeon was a pretty good Islander....ugh, each time I think of Pierre I think of that prick Dale Hunter cheap shotting him after his series ending goal.

Did Ed Olcyzk just say that hockey players eat pizza during OT intermissions? Good lord.

I remember watching a Sabres playoff game in '94 that went into quadruple overtime, Dominik Hasek got the shutout.

Of course, there was the 1999 Finals that featured a OT game and a triple OT game. That was sick.

Of course, there was the 1999 Finals that featured a OT game and a triple OT game. That was sick.

I wasn't really following hockey then and was out of the country at the time. I found out all about the No Goal when I got back.

Haha, everyone in Harbour Grace looks about as tired as I feel. Love it that CBC is showing shots of the group of Cleary fans there.

Emerick just said if it goes to a Game 6, it will be at 8:00 Eastern, 9:30 in Newfoundland - the home of Dan Cleary. :)

He said on ESPN recently that he can't watch the Cup presentation because he never won one.

I met Bettman on a plane, once...empty flight, we were in adjacent rows. I asked him if Paul Tagliabue would be caught dead sitting in coach. :) Here we go, 3OT starting....

There were some Sabres fans at the Winter Classic who happened to be chatting with someone from the league before the game. He gave them 2 tickets to Bettman's box and they said (to his credit) he could not have been nicer to them, they watched the whole game together and he let them have their pictures taken with him.

There were some Sabres fans at the Winter Classic who happened to be chatting with someone from the league before the game. He gave them 2 tickets to Bettman's box and they said (to his credit) he could not have been nicer to them, they watched the whole game together and he let them have their pictures taken with him.

I have a buddy that works at Vs. and he has mixed things to say about him, but, a lot of people are different in the board room as opposed to when facing the public. By the way, lifelong Isles fan here, and while I'm old enough to vividly remember their Cup winning years, I'm also a huge LaFontaine fan....he's beloved on the Island, still....even if I'm here in Chicago. :)

Patty always joked that during his entire career he never had to change his drivers license or license plates. :laugh:

Patty always joked that during his entire career he never had to change his drivers license or license plates. :laugh:

My first trip to Buffalo was in 1999. I had lived in NYC from 1970-1997. I land in Buffalo and my counterpart there picks me up and offers to take us to dinner, perfect. We're driving and I'm looking around, trying to get a feel for the place, take it all in, I love travel. And, this runs through my head "why the hell are there so many NY license plates here?????" and about 15 seconds later I remind myself that Buffalo is in the state. Pathetic incident from a once myopic NYC resident. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom