The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elevated_u2_fan said:

so they would need 60+ "try"s then? :lol: :sad:

26_b.jpg

Then you see some bunch of Lightning or Hurricanes :censored: or Ducks win the cup and it's so frustrating. I always wondered what it was like for Nordiques fans when the Avalanche won, but then I got to find out. A strange feeling really...I 100% wanted Carolina to lose to Edmonton but there was a tiny part of me that felt good because my team finally won. I think I could have embraced it more if ownership hadn't done all they could to rewrite history with the 'Canes as a new/expansion franchise.

I see places like Buffalo, Toronto, Philadelphia, Minnesota etc that embrace hockey and their teams, you'd like to see them rewarded. Well hopefully this year it's Philly's turn :)

senrab said:

:lol:

Just noticed that the pic comes from here: http://www.leafs-suck.com What a collection!

You know, if the Leafs ever do win the Cup again, the 'die-hards' are going to seriously injure those who made fun of them along the way.

2isjfhf.jpg

senrab said:
It is so hard to win the Cup.

For some reason, I'm imagining Arnold Schwarzenegger saying that. :wink:

It truly is difficult...maybe the hardest trophy in sports to win.

Last edited:
I missed the entire second round.

Friggin' Army. :(

We got TV hooked up last night though, so I'll be watching from now on. Sorry, Habs fans. :hug:

So the Leafs fired Maurice, hopefully it's a step in the right direction (although Peddie is really the problem, isn't he?)

What do you think Elevated_U2fan?

I actually liked Maurice... especially those couple of times where he lost it on the bench and yelled at all the players :giggle:

It wasn't really his fault, I don't think he was given much to work with. :shrug:

You're right about Peddie though... I hate that guy.

As much as I like to rag on the Leafs and their fans (when they invade our arena :sexywink: ), I really feel badly for you guys, elevated_u2_fan.

BonoManiac said:
Dave, since you're a Phillies and Eagles fan, will you be rooting for the Flyers?

Yeah, but not because of the Phils-Eagles thing, more so because I like watching the Flyers team more than any that are left in the playoffs. They've got an exciting style and a fast young team that knows how to score goals. And God knows the city of Philadelphia could use a championship parade (even more so than Toronto, at least they had the early 90s Blue Jays).

Tonight is the first hockey game I've been able to see live since April 26th. :up: Too bad I have to watch it while cleaning rifle bolts. :|

So me and Dave are rooting for the same club? Wow, an Interference first :wink:

Timonen being out really hurts, the Flyers will need all the quality D they can muster in this series. I'm confident Biron will come up huge though...need to steal a game in Pitt this weekend.

Hmm, ya I bet the severe beating administered by the Wings last night has you feeling good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom