The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough loss. :(

I'm being optimistic here, but I think if any team can bounce back, it's the Habs. If you count the chances, shots, etc, it's entirely possible to come back from 3-1.

Price will definitely be back next game...and I'm betting Michael Ryder, as well.

For once, I hope Don Cherry is right - he thinks the series is far from over :up:

I can't put it on the french channel because I'm getting sick of them interviewing Briere every intermission :mad:

ladywithspinninghead said:
For once, I hope Don Cherry is right - he thinks the series is far from over :up:

I think he's right. Montreal needs to keep fighting. I can't imagine Philly's luck/intensity continuing much longer...there's bound to be some adversity, and Montreal needs to pounce on those moments.

That's awesome that you get to go to the game, BoMac! :up: Hope it goes in your favour!

I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to watch very much of this series, but I guess I'm not missing lots. I'd really love Montreal to advance...

Danny Danny Danny :up: :up: :up:

This series is really amazing...IMO Montreal has outplayed the Flyers in all 4 games, and the Flyers' best game might have been game 1. Go figure hockey. Goaltending is clearly the difference, and I think Biron is starting to get into their heads, I've seen a lot of chances passed up by guys looking to pass rather than shoot. Also the Flyers have done an excellent job on Kovalev since game 1. Koivu has been good though, and the Kostitsyn line as well.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Am I going to have to get the brooms out tonight? :crossesfingers: :hyper:

I've got a feeling you'll be sweeping up those broken Avs bones. :wink: I'm not really a fan of anyone on that team, other than Sakic. Rumours are swirling about this being his last game...hope not.

Classy move by Therrien to bring Gary Roberts back for the Pens tonight. :up:

Last edited:
Geez Avs, at least make them buy you dinner and get you drunk before you give it up. Ugly, laid down like dogs. Detroit was obviously the better team but what happened to pride?

I pulled out the Yzerman jersey today :)

I've been thinking about the Pens and Stars series...of course it's a longshot but I think the Sharks are the type of team that could actually come back from 3-0 down. Goaltending is the key...Nabokov is the type of goalie who could win them a game or 2, so if they could win game 5 at home and Nabby comes up big in game 6, well you'd think game 7 at home would go their way. Of course Dallas will probably go out and close it out in game 5 :(

I hope Sakic doesn't retire...what a crap way to go out if he does.

senrab said:
Go Habs Go!! They have to screen Marty in order to get any chances.

Exactly, they don't put enough pressure on the goalie, and when they shot, it's often on Biron

I'm confident for tonight's game, Go Habs Go ! :rockon: (they really need to score the first goal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom