The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ladywithspinninghead said:
Who is everyone cheering for in the Pittsburgh Rangers matchup?

I'm still unsure but leaning towards Rangers....(although Avery :no:)

Rangers, reluctantly. I definitely want the Habs/Flyers winner in the Cup final though...hopefully we all can agree on that at least :)

BonoManiac said:
Wow, that must have been a sweet gig! You were very lucky to have been involved in that.

Is there any way you could go AWOL until May 18?:wink:

Well I could, but then I'd be broke. :(

PIT-NYR was a great game tonight.

I'll add to the Biron respect! He really was brilliant. On the other side, I thought Koivu was really great for Montreal. I had a feeling Philly might win last night, with the Canadiens coming off of two emotional victories. It seems like they always lose focus a bit unless there's a whole lot on the line.

I almost missed the first period of the game because I was outside playing ball hockey with a bunch of neighbourhood kids...scored four goals! Wooo! So much fun. I think the goalie was maybe 12 or 13. :wink: He was great, though...a mini-Biron.

Rangers/Pens game 2 in progress. :corn: This series will go to a seventh, I'm betting. I think I'm going for the Pens. Watching Crosby is a lot of fun, but his Gatorade commercial here in Canada is bugging me greatly: "CROSBY NEVER STOPS!" :mad: I'm very judgemental.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Ok, wtf was Don cherry wearing??? My friend and I were wondering if they put something in our beers - the jacket was especially hideous, even for him. :lol:

I noticed that that, as well! Hey, who couldn't? Definitely a unique floral pattern. It reminded me of wallpaper my grandmother once had. :der:

Speaking of Hockey Night in Canada, that new guy, PJ Stock I think his name is, really irritates me.

angelordevil said:
PJ Stock I think his name is

PJ Stock is on HNIC? That's awesome, I love PJ...how do you not love a little guy who fights?

Great game by Biron last night. He's going to have to stay that way though because Montreal is way too quick for the Flyers' D. Hatcher in particular looks very slow trying to defend against those speedy Habs' forwards.

Well this is the game they needed to get, when Biron outplayed Price...question is can they hold serve at home? Going to be a great series either way.

CTU2fan said:

PJ Stock is on HNIC? That's awesome, I love PJ...how do you not love a little guy who fights?

PJ comes across as a little guy who only fights. I just find his delivery a little too cartoonish, for lack of a better word...and he always states the obvious: "Crosby is skating fast here...that's a great save!" I don't think HNIC should be pandering to the style of other network broadcasts that sometimes push style over substance.

CTU2fan said:

Well this is the game they needed to get, when Biron outplayed Price...question is can they hold serve at home?

No, they can't...because the Kostitsyn Brothers are in town.

I saw a lot of Stock when he played in the AHL and he seemed like a guy who could make a career out of being one of those little gritty annoying guys who draws retaliatory penalties and just generally makes the other team hate him, but he really never stuck in the NHL. He never seemed like a particularly insightful guy that you'd want doing studio stuff, and from what you're saying he doesn't seem like he's particularly good at it. I did love watching the guy play though.

The games in Philly will be interesting. I think ice quality will come into play. The Montreal ice was very good IMO, that coupled with the fast boards really made for a quick up-tempo game that favored the Habs...Philly on the other hand has always had slower ice and that should help the Flyers D some. Still better than the Washington ice which wasn't so much slow as just plain bad, pucks bouncing all over etc.

What a shit period for the Habs :mad: a double powerplay and another powerplay at the end of the period and the best they can do is a post :no:

pat132 said:
What a shit period for the Habs :mad: a double powerplay and another powerplay at the end of the period and the best they can do is a post :no:

Actually, that's three posts and an open net if you're keeping score at home.

I'm not worried, though. Keep playing like that and the bounces are bound to go your way!

CTU2fan said:

The games in Philly will be interesting. I think ice quality will come into play. The Montreal ice was very good IMO, that coupled with the fast boards really made for a quick up-tempo game that favored the Habs...Philly on the other hand has always had slower ice and that should help the Flyers D some. Still better than the Washington ice which wasn't so much slow as just plain bad, pucks bouncing all over etc.

Great point. The ice definitely seems to be a factor in what we're seeing tonight so far...very scrappy play, with passes being missed on both sides.

I still think the Kostitsyn brothers are bound to do great things in Philadelphia. (Someone needs to ask why I think this is the case.) :waiting:

Damn! 1-0 Flyers.

Last edited:
pat132 said:
That short-handed goal made me shut the TV off :censored:

It must really be off now.

I think they should replace Price, but just for the third. It'll jolt everyone into playing for their lives.

I just pulled out half of my hair. Crazy ending. :crazy:

Koivu played incredibly well in a losing cause, Biron was great yet again, and I'm betting the intensity at the end will spill over into an incredible game 4.

Back to you, Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom