The 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoManiac said:
Well, I'm sure the NHL is still happy to have a Pens-Rangers match-up.

Habs-Flyers will be a dandy, however.:drool:

:drool:

It should be incredible, and incredibly rough!...Jagr vs his old team will also be something to watch. I'm betting on a huge series for him.

ladywithspinninghead said:

"Dandy", eh? You're starting to sound like a certain Bob Cole! :wink:

He's a local hero around these parts! You know it's a great game when Bob's voice intensifies by five octaves, and he starts saying "Oh, baby!" when someone scores.

senrab said:
Bullshit non-call by the refs on the interference with Huet

It's not a penalty to knock an opposing player into his own goalie. It was a smart play by the Flyer who did it (name escapes me). What the hell were the refs supposed to call? :shrug:

Anyways, I'm glad Philly won. Washington was way overhyped before this series, and I like the way the Flyers play. I'd be rooting for them if they were playing any of the other teams (besides MTL).

Looks like the Calgary- San Jose game is done now too. While I preferred to see Calgary win, San Jose was my pick to come out of the West, so at least I know I was right. :up:

DaveC said:
Montreal 4 - Boston 1
Pittsburgh 4 - Ottawa 0
Washington 3 - Philadelphia 4
New Jersey 2 - NY Rangers 4

Detroit 4 - Nashville 3
San Jose 4 - Calgary 1
Minnesota 2 - Colorado 4
Anaheim 4 - Dallas 2

7 for 8, pretty damn good if you ask me. And I even nailed the number of games on three of the series. Maybe I ought to put down some coin on the second round. :hmm:

FLYERS WIN!!! Funny I've been killing Lupul all series and he comes through, I love it.

We should have some fun around here...me vs. a whole mess of Habs fans :wink: No matter how this turns out I want the winner to win the whole thing. Pens :down: Rangers :down: :down:

So how about that Jeremy Roenick? I always loved him with the Hawks and I was thrilled when he signed with the Flyers; pity that didn't go all that well. I'd love to see San Jose come out of the West if the Flyers aren't able to win the thing. Also speaking of JR he was on the wrong end of one of the best pieces of trash talk in NHL history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCnNFNbcPvY

DaveC said:

7 for 8, pretty damn good if you ask me. And I even nailed the number of games on three of the series. Maybe I ought to put down some coin on the second round. :hmm:

The only one I got exactly right was SJ and Calgary.

My soon to be wrong predictions for Round 2:

Montreal in 7
Pittsburgh 6

San Jose 6
Detroit 5

senrab said:
My soon to be wrong predictions for Round 2:

Montreal in 7
Pittsburgh 6

San Jose 6
Detroit 5

I'll play!

Flyers in 6 [/homerpicking]
Ranges in 6

Sharks in 5
Wings in 6

In other words the Leafs can't even win at losing...but the Knicks can so Isiah Thomas has that going for him.

elevated_u2_fan said:
So ESPN did some sort of Fan Satisfaction survey for major NA teams based on several factors including ticket prices, team performance, etc and out of 122 teams the Leafs came in at 121 :lol: :(

Only the NY Knicks were worse :tsk:

The Metro paper here reports the Sens were the top Canadian team on that survey :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom