The 2008 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautful throw by Neckbeard just befor the half. If he had started Super

Bowl (space emphasized for Headache) 41, Da Bears would have romped.

Kyle was waaaaaaaaaaaay too drunk that season.

ortonrock.jpg

366671041_bea1cc61e2_o.jpg

I really tried to back Grossman. But when Griese took over last year...

They may as well have started Orton. Look, he stays in the pocket. And when he does run, he actually hangs on to the football!

This game is a pleasant surprise! :hyper:

It is insane to think that the four teams getting picked to win the AFC all lost.

The Pats barely beat the Chiefs but it is pretty much a loss by losing Brady.

The Colts obviously.

The Jags looked terrible.

The Chargers lost late.

The AFC has become wide open. :up:

The Colts clearly suffered from rust in Manning and Harrison but mainly the loss of Saturday. Their snaps are not sharp and their protection poor.

The loss of Brady is huge. Now we'll probably have to be hearing about Favre all year as the Jets win the division.

With the losses by the Chargers and Jags too it looks like no one wants to step up, but it's a long season and anything can happen.

Tiki Barber declared the NFC East the strongest division in football. I'm not sure I can agree with that since the Eagles aren't as good as they played today, and Washington sucked, but I cannot really think of a division that's much better.

I am going to predict that....San Diego disappoints this year.

I am so happy its football season again! Hi everyone!! :wave:

Phil - I SO hope you are not right!! Our lines played horrible today, it was like the majority of the defense forgot how to tackle. I felt like I wasn't even watching the Chargers play for about 3/4 of the game today. But Rivers looked really good, so that was a positive. The game was so fun to be at today, even if we lost, it was an exciting game! But losing with 2 seconds to go. :doh:
I'm not worried yet, but if the defense doesn't improve dramatically next week, I will start to worry!! Can't wait to see what happens this season. :hyper:

Tiki Barber declared the NFC East the strongest division in football. I'm not sure I can agree with that since the Eagles aren't as good as they played today, and Washington sucked, but I cannot really think of a division that's much better.

If the NFC East is the best division in football (I personally think it's the AFC South, though it certainly disappointed today), I would argue that the NFC West is the worst division in football. The Seahawks are worthless on the road, the Rams are terrible anywhere, and neither the 49ers, nor the Cardinals have a decent QB.

Jeez, I leave the country for a week and the entire NFL goes to hell.

"Hello Daunte, it's Randy...about that retirement thing - how serious was that?"

I'm in football hell.:angry:

I love how people are saying (at other sites) that there is no way they will make the playoffs now.

Sure, the Patriots won't get to the Super Bowl this year (hell, they may not win the AFC East now), but with the schedule they have, I wouldn't be surprised if they still win 10 games.

Yeah, don't tell me the preseason doesn't matter. The Colts offense is totally out of rhythm. The defense isn't doing much better. :down:

We also saw the same mistakes with the Pats before Brady got hurt.

The preseason does matter. But you don't need four games to figure out what you need to do.

And the preseason had nothing to do with Brady getting hurt.

I love how people are saying (at other sites) that there is no way they will make the playoffs now.

Sure, the Patriots won't get to the Super Bowl this year (hell, they may not win the AFC East now), but with the schedule they have, I wouldn't be surprised if they still win 10 games.

Sorry Phanan but I think they'd be lucky to win seven games. That defense is way too suspect. If KC wasn't so pitiful they could have scored a lot more points and ran away with that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom