The 2008 MLB Thread - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
New Yorker
 
theFly51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Posts: 2,824
Local Time: 08:08 AM
The 2008 MLB Thread

It's now late March and a little early for baseball but it's alright because:

Red Sox 6
A's 5

In 10 innings!

Thank You Manny!!

Start disscusion here
__________________

__________________
theFly51 is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 09:08 AM
So, apparently there was a Keith Foulke sighting this morning.

I hope the guy gets a standing ovation the first time he appears at Fenway -- the way he left Boston wasn't right at all.
__________________

__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,064
Local Time: 09:08 AM
The Oakland A's bullpen was very similiar to Boston, circa 2004.

Foulke, Embree, Dinardo...
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 03-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
I hope the guy gets a standing ovation the first time he appears at Fenway -- the way he left Boston wasn't right at all.
As much as he deserves an ovation for what he did in '04, he won't get one anytime soon. The Burger King line was priceless though and he should be applauded for that.
__________________
randhail is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,460
Local Time: 09:08 AM
david ortiz would be a nice player without manny ramirez.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,366
Local Time: 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
I hope the guy gets a standing ovation the first time he appears at Fenway -- the way he left Boston wasn't right at all.
I think he might, actually. I really hope so.

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail


As much as he deserves an ovation for what he did in '04, he won't get one anytime soon. The Burger King line was priceless though and he should be applauded for that.
It was...the only people that didn't like that line were, well, Johnny Burger King's.
__________________
CTU2fan is online now  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,460
Local Time: 09:08 AM
prediction time

AL East
1. Boston
2. New York
3. Toronto
4. Tampa Bay
5. Baltimore

AL Central
1. Cleveland
2. Detroit* Wild Card
3. Chicago
4. Minnesota
5. Kansas City

AL West
1. Seattle
2. Los Angeles of Anaheim, Orange County & Tijuana
3. Oakland
4. Texas

NL East
1. New York
2. Philadelphia
3. Florida
4. Atlanta
5. Washington

NL Central
1. Chicago
2. Milwaukee* Wild Card
3. St. Louis
4. Houston
5. Pittsburgh
6. Cincinatti

NL West
1. Arizona
2. Colorado
3. San Diego
4. Los Angeles
5. San Francisco

AL Playoffs
Boston over Detroit
Cleveland over Seattle

Boston over Seattle

NL Playoffs
New York over Milwaukee
Arizona over Chicago

New York over Chicago

World Series
New York over Boston


AL MVP - Grady Sizemore
NL MVP - David Wright
AL Cy Young - Erik Bedard
NL Cy Young - John Maine
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,496
Local Time: 09:08 AM
AL East
1. Boston
2. Toronto (wild card)
3. New York Y
4. Tampa Bay
5. Baltimore

AL Central
1. Detroit
2. Cleveland
3. Chicago
4. Minnesota
5. Kansas City

AL West
1. Seattle
2. Los Angeles Lackeys of Eastern Japan
3. Texas
4. Oak Tree

NL East
1. New York
2. Philadelphia (wild card)
3. Atlanta
4. DC
5. Florida

NL Central
1. Chicago
2. Cincy
3. Milwaukee
4. Houston
5. Pittsburgh
6. St. Louis

NL West
1. LA
2. Colorado
3. Arizona
4. San Diego
5. San Francisco

AL Playoffs...playoffs? you talkin playoffs?

Boston over Seattle
Detroit over Canada

Boston over Detroit

NL Playoffs...we're just trying to win a damn game here

Mets ove Dodgers
Cubs ove Philistines

Cubs over Mets

WS: Red Sox over Cubs, 4-1.

AL MVP: Money Ramirez
AL Cy Young: Jeremy Bonderman

NL MVP: Alfonso Soriano
NL Cy Young: Carlos Santana
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #9
New Yorker
 
theFly51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Posts: 2,824
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
AL East
1. Boston
2. Toronto (wild card)
3. New York Y
4. Tampa Bay
5. Baltimore

AL Central
1. Detroit
2. Cleveland
3. Chicago
4. Minnesota
5. Kansas City

AL West
1. Seattle
2. Los Angeles Lackeys of Eastern Japan
3. Texas
4. Oak Tree

NL East
1. New York
2. Philadelphia (wild card)
3. Atlanta
4. DC
5. Florida

NL Central
1. Chicago
2. Cincy
3. Milwaukee
4. Houston
5. Pittsburgh
6. St. Louis

NL West
1. LA
2. Colorado
3. Arizona
4. San Diego
5. San Francisco

AL Playoffs...playoffs? you talkin playoffs?

Boston over Seattle
Detroit over Canada

Boston over Detroit

NL Playoffs...we're just trying to win a damn game here

Mets ove Dodgers
Cubs ove Philistines

Cubs over Mets

WS: Red Sox over Cubs, 4-1.

AL MVP: Money Ramirez
AL Cy Young: Jeremy Bonderman

NL MVP: Alfonso Soriano
NL Cy Young: Carlos Santana
__________________
theFly51 is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,064
Local Time: 09:08 AM
AL EAST
Boston
New York
Toronto
Tampa Bay
Baltimore

AL CENTRAL
Detroit
Cleveland (WC)
Minnesota
Chicago
Kansas City

AL WEST
Seattle
Los Angeles of Anaheim
Oakland
Texas


NL EAST
New York
Philadelphia
Florida
Washington
Atlanta

NL CENTRAL
Chicago
Milwaukee (WC)
Cincinnati
St. Louis
Pittsburgh
Houston

NL WEST
Colorado
Arizona
San Diego
Los Angeles
San Francisco


AL PLAYOFFS
Boston over Detroit
Seattle over Cleveland

Boston over Seattle

NL PLAYOFFS
New York over Milwaukee
Colorado over Chicago

New York over Colorado

WORLD SERIES
Boston over New York


AL MVP: Magglio Ordonez
AL Cy Young: Josh Beckett

NL MVP: Prince Fielder
NL Cy Young: Johan Santana
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,064
Local Time: 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
AL Playoffs
Boston over Detroit
Cleveland over Seattle

Boston over Seattle

NL Playoffs
New York over Milwaukee
Arizona over Chicago

New York over Chicago
I like how Seattle and Chicago get to lose two series.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 03-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,460
Local Time: 09:08 AM
ah crap... you know what i mean.

new york over arizona
boston over cleveland

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #13
Refugee
 
FullonEdge2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,314
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Hewson--

Reds in 2nd in the NL Central? Cubs in the WS?

you're kidding, right?
__________________
FullonEdge2 is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,496
Local Time: 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FullonEdge2
Hewson--

Reds in 2nd in the NL Central? Cubs in the WS?

you're kidding, right?
I never kid, just ask anyone here.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #15
Refugee
 
FullonEdge2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,314
Local Time: 02:08 PM
gotcha
__________________

__________________
FullonEdge2 is offline  
 

Tags
baseball, major league baseball, mlb

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com