The 2008 MLB Thread - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #676
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonelistener View Post
My autographed Buehrle ball sits in our bathroom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Quite appropriately.
My friends, you will reap the dire consequences of those words when Mark Buehrle throws another no-hitter this year.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #677
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:39 AM
zoney's bathroom has three balls

Old 05-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #678
Rock n' Roll Doggie

That's two more than John Kruk's bathroom.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #679
Blue Crack Distributor

zing!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #680
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Fans serenade Manny with Happy Birthday - Extra Bases - Red Sox blog

Quote:
Manny just gave a big wave to fans who serenaded him during BP with a round of "Happy Birthday."

Classic line from Manny in the clubhouse when someone noted it was his birthday. "36 here,'' he said. "39 in the Dominican.''

The Sox media guide lists Manny's DOB as May 30, 1972. He was born in Santo Domingo, capital of the Dominican Republic.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #681
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
My friends, you will reap the dire consequences of those words when Mark Buehrle throws another no-hitter this year.
yeah.

A tour of our 1/2 bathroom (decorating still in progress):

White sox hat sitting on the toilet (the team often misses the toilet come August/September), Buehrle autographed ball first item on window sill, Philly Phanatic ice cream dish (now serves as a soap dish), Red Sox rubber duckie. I bought the stadium seat after college (in Minnesota). It is actually from a stadium here in Indianapolis (former home of the Indy Indians - Pirates Triple A - just a coincidence that I moved here).

We want to add a "astroturf" toilet rug and something else for/from Fenway. We also have a Cubs "Watch for Foul Balls" sign (no pun intended) and a sketch of Bush Stadium wear the seat came from.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #682
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

a few more from the season through May 31:

Gagne warming up for a blown game in Cincy

Rushmore Race in D.C. (Teddy "Slipped" on a Banana (in pajamas) and lost the race to Jefferson

My "Obstructed view" seat at Fenway (Sect. 14 Row 1 Seat 1). Hell, it was in Fenway and it was face value.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:00 PM   #683
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET View Post

Here's to the best team in MLB (at least for now)!!

GO CUBS GO!!!
Last time we went into June with the best record in baseball was 1908
Old 06-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #684
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:39 AM
That line by Manny is great.

#500 for the bad man last night, fantastic. Unfortunately I'd turned off the stream so I didn't get to see it and was listening on XM, and got to hear the Orioles' PBP guy pointing out how sure he hit 500 HR's but he sucks in the field etc etc. I mean jeez, the guy hits his 500th HR and you can't lay off dogging him for one day? The O's guy is so pissy about the Sox because of all the Sox fans that go to Camden, it gets really tiring sometimes.

Edit: Oh, and how 'bout those Mets?
Old 06-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #685
Blue Crack Supplier

Maybe the O's guy would be less pissy if the O's could muster up a .500 record one of these seasons. Oh, and it would please him if the owner was not incompetent at running a baseball team. The allure of Camen Yards only gets you so far....after a while, if you don't put a competitive team on the field, seats go unclaimed, and of course Sox and Yankee fans are going to gobble those tickets up and make the relatively short trip down 95 to Camden. Manny is a hitting savant and not quite as bad a fielder as he's made out to be. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer and the best hitter I've ever seen in my life.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #686
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It doesn't help that it's a pain even getting a ticket in Fenway whereas you can actually get a ticket in Camden without having to sit behind a pole or look over your left shoulder to see the infield.

The guy seriously went on about it from the time Manny hit the HR until the end of the game. I think the Sox fans wanting a curtain call pushed him over the edge.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #687
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
It doesn't help that it's a pain even getting a ticket in Fenway whereas you can actually get a ticket in Camden without having to sit behind a pole or look over your left shoulder to see the infield.

The guy seriously went on about it from the time Manny hit the HR until the end of the game. I think the Sox fans wanting a curtain call pushed him over the edge.
He should rip his ownership and possibly his own fans, then. The last group of people I want to defend are Red Sox Nation, but, in this case, what are they supposed to do? Not go to the game? Not cheer? 500 HR's is still quite the milestone, of course you ask for the curtain call.

Meanwhile, my Yanks are at least showing some signs of life lately. Not saying we're on our way to October baseball, but, we are hitting much better with men in scoring position lately, which is nice. Rivera has been fairly amazing thus far. Excited for Joba's start on Tuesday, but it sucks that this process gets so much scrutiny.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #688
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm really curious to see how Joba fares as a starter. It's kind of funny when I hear Hank saying how stupid it is for Joba to be in the pen, and then cite Beckett...when the parallel for me on the Sox is their use of Papelbon in the pen rather than as a starter. Obviously the Yankees having Mariano while the Sox were looking at Joel Pineiro as their closer at the time is a big difference, but I still wonder what kind of starter Paps would have been. I think he'll be a good starter but really he could be anything from great to average. Looking forward to it.

It bugs me when the O's (and Rays) people complain about this. I bet ownership doesn't mind taking Sox and Yankees fans' money when they buy tickets. The situation with Rays games is pretty ridiculous though...they have a good team and still they don't draw all that well. They do have their diehards though, but those folks were there all along. Good for them (but I hate those damn cowbells they've got).
Old 06-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #689
Blue Crack Supplier

Well, in the case of the Rays, it's hard to expect 3 good months of baseball to wipe out a decade of futility overnight. Joba should be in the rotation, I firmly believe that. He started in college and in the minors, and was only in the pen last season cos the Yanks were desperate. If there were no Mariano, maybe you could convince me to make him a closer, but Joba has such great stuff that I think he is a potential ace. We shall see.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #690
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonelistener View Post

My "Obstructed view" seat at Fenway (Sect. 14 Row 1 Seat 1). Hell, it was in Fenway and it was face value.
Thats almost where I stood for 2004 ALCS game 5 with my SRO tix.
Just left of there, behind granstand 14 (or Grandstand Jim Ed as I called it).

Tags
baseball, major league baseball, mlb