The 2008 MLB Thread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2008, 12:40 AM   #466
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

Still not correct. They have some really good hitters in the lineup. They just need a power threat, which they don't currently have. One could argue Richie Sexson is one--about as much as one could argue Carlos Delgado and Jason Giambi are power threats.
13th out of 14 AL teams in OBP isn't so hot...

Old 05-06-2008, 12:54 AM   #467
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

13th out of 14 AL teams in OBP isn't so hot...
Which is one reason why we let Brad Wilkerson go. Kenji Johjima's playing like he's not trying. And Ichiro starts in a slump every year. However, Beltre, Betancourt, Lopez, and Ibanez are all batting right around .290. And I've got pretty good hopes for Clement (the guy whose replacing the dud known as Vidro) and Balentien.

EDIT: I haven't watched the stats of the past 3 games, but I just saw Betancourt and Beltre are in the .270s, and that Ichiro's risen into the .270s. Anyway, my point still stands--they've lost 8 one-run games where the threat of power could've added a couple extra hittable pitches.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:19 AM   #468
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:56 PM
I know that some of you guys who live up in that area are witness to the intensity of the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry, but.....living down here in central Illinois you will see some seriously crazy shit go down when it comes to Cardinals/Cubs.

I feel that is the second best rivalry in baseball, easily. It's insane.

Being a White Sox fan, it's a hell of a lot of fun every year to watch the dumbass Cardinals and Cubs fans go at it every year.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #469
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:56 PM
If I was Seattle I'd inquire on Bonds...
Old 05-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #470
Blue Crack Distributor

ok so seattle is a phenomenal team, they just can't pitch past their top two guys, their closer hasn't pitched in a month, and their hitting is mediocre at best because they don't have a legit RBI threat. other than that, they're like the 61 yanks.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #471
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:56 PM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlsAloudFan

I feel that is the second best rivalry in baseball, easily.

Having lived both in the NYC area, as well as exactly were you live, I can tell you that the Cubs/Cards rivalry is not nearly as intense as the Sox/yankees. But, as you have said, it is number two in baseball and it is a great rivalry!
Old 05-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #472
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
If I was Seattle I'd inquire on Bonds...
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
ok so seattle is a phenomenal team, they just can't pitch past their top two guys, their closer hasn't pitched in a month, and their hitting is mediocre at best because they don't have a legit RBI threat. other than that, they're like the 61 yanks.
3-5 starters all have ERA's below 5. Silva's been amazing except for one rocky start. Like I've said time and time again, Seattle is 1-8 in 1-run games. Even if they'd won half of those losses, that wouldn't make them an amazing team. That would make them an average team. Their hitting is what is lacking.

Anyway, I'm tired of your condescending remarks. It's more than obvious that no one on this forum gives a shit about any west coast team that's not from LA.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #473
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

It's more than obvious that no one on this forum gives a shit about any west coast team that's not from LA.
Thats life in the ESPN world.
If it weren't for Posh Soccer Player, LA would get ignored too.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #474
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Thats life in the ESPN world.
If it weren't for Posh Soccer Player, LA would get ignored too.
It's also bullshit. Maybe we should decrease the MLB down to the 8 teams anyone really cares about, right?
Old 05-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #475
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:56 PM
Quote:
no one on this forum gives a shit about any west coast team that's not from LA.
Well that's not exactly true...nobody gives a shit about any LA teams either except when Escobar lets Lackey play on the computer

The M's problems are inherently fixable, because IMO they're pretty strong up the middle. Corner bats are generally the cheapest to acquire...they need to make a decision on Sexson, cut their losses on Vidro, and move forward.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #476
is dead

Quote:

Corner bats are generally the cheapest to acquire...they need to make a decision on Sexson, cut their losses on Vidro, and move forward.
Corner bats may be among the cheapest but it's unlikely the Mariners will find a decent one on the market without trading top players/prospects. During a given season, the corner bats you'll find on the market are the Shea Hillenbrands, Wilkersons, and Shane Halters of the world. Retreads at the end of their careers.

the tourist, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the "disrespect" you're getting for the Mariners here. Keep in mind that the teams in the major markets in the east (and midwest, for that matter) have been around forever, have established a history and tradition and are located in cities where people strongly identify with those teams.

In L.A., we're at the beach while they're watching baseball in NYC and we're snowboarding while they're watching football (and shoveling snow off the drive).

In Seattle, you're always at Starbucks...and shit. Just kidding. The Mariners are a good organization but they have a not-so-good manager. I'm sure they'll be competetive all season.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:20 PM   #477
is dead

Quote:

Well that's not exactly true...nobody gives a shit about any LA teams either except when Escobar lets Lackey play on the computer

Oh mannnn, what's up with that, dawg?

Where's the love for the Lackster?
Old 05-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #478
Rock n' Roll Doggie

John, I think most red sox fans love you when you pitch at fenway for the reasons Hewson has pointed out many times.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #479
is dead

Meh, I'll get over it, dawg. We're actually playing better at Fenway since the 2nd half of last season*. But let's wait till you actually face a healthy Angels team in the playoffs, then we'll talk.

*Not counting the '07 ALDS where our entire starting outfield and our first and third basemen were injured/diseased.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #480
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Exactly.

3-5 starters all have ERA's below 5. Silva's been amazing except for one rocky start. Like I've said time and time again, Seattle is 1-8 in 1-run games. Even if they'd won half of those losses, that wouldn't make them an amazing team. That would make them an average team. Their hitting is what is lacking.

Anyway, I'm tired of your condescending remarks. It's more than obvious that no one on this forum gives a shit about any west coast team that's not from LA.
look, i don't think seattle is very good. everytime i say that, you tell me that i'm wrong, but never really giving a reason as to why i'm wrong. if their hitting isn't good, then their team isn't very good.

seattle has had one winning season in the past 5 years. that might be a reason why no one gives a shit about them. no one gives a shit about the marlins, either.

p.s. - if you care to look back to page 1, i actualy picked the mariners to win the AL West. i thought they had enough to win the division, right now i think i was wrong.

Tags
baseball, major league baseball, mlb